How to remove a Post?

Roscoe

I`ve made mistakes a couple of times, when posting and really not happy that I couldn`t delete the post and start again! I prefer to be able to delete the post, myself! why the need for a moderator to delete?

Franco.

1 minute ago, farri said:

I`ve made mistakes a couple of times, when posting and really not happy that I couldn`t delete the post and start again! I prefer to be able to delete the post, myself! why the need for a moderator to delete?

Franco.

Yes we used to be able to delete ourselves.

red750 why the change?

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Roscoe said:

Yes we used to be able to delete ourselves.

red750 why the change?

No idea, you'd have to ask Ian. All I know is that the option is on the Moderator's Actions menu.

Just now, red750 said:

No time limit for Moderators. That might be the thing. Do it within 15 minutes, or refer it to a Moderator.

red just to clarify, there is no option for users to delete a Post.

There USED to be a time limit with an option, but not any more.

• Agree 1

As I recall, no time limit, to delete, for first class members! no delete function at all, for ordinary members and if there is, I can`t find it!!! 

Franco.

Edited by farri
Typo

55 minutes ago, farri said:

As I recall, no time limit, to delete, for first class members! no delete function at all, for ordinary members and if there is, I can`t find it!!! 

Franco.

Im sure I can recall a button that said “reason for deletion” and you could just type “error” and the Post would disappear.

Anyway,it seems we dont have it now but I think we should.

IAN any comment??

I just go  to the Author and 3 dots on the upper RHS and it may say report , share and delete. as option's. After a while only the first two show. Nev I just did it and was able to add this,  it asks for a reason to edit. I selected more content but if you do nothing it doesn'tstop it being posted. Here goes. Ican still edit and have. Nev

Edited by facthunter
more content.

2 minutes ago, facthunter said:

I just go  to the Author and 3 dots on the upper RHS and it may say report , share and delete. as option's. After a while only the first two show. Nev

Tried that Nev and there was no DELETE option

12 minutes ago, facthunter said:

I've added to that above. Nev

Thanks for your help Nev. May try a test Post then delete it. Pity one has to search menus to perform a simple delete function

I'd expect that after a short period the post is live and reply after that will refer to the posted comment / text.  If a person changed things, it could confuse or change the post in a bad way.  Therefore, having a moderator do the deletions / changes is has a third person ensuring the content of the post is not lost for its original purpose.

• Agree 2

and also the moderators are very well rounded individuals with superior life skills that WE mere members can only dream of 

(the moderators know best)

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, johnm said:

(the moderators know best)

John, the moderators exercise their privileges carefully (otherwise they will lose them). If a poster asks for changes or deletions to their post which they cannot action themselves, I wll action it. I will edit the title of a new topic if an obvious typographical error has been made and the intent of the title is misleading. This can easily be determined by reading the post for context. The other edit I make is to add location and date to an accident or incident report if it was omitted by the poster. These items are part of the rules of that forum. My privileges as a moderator were granted to maintain the Aircraft showcase profiles.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/03/2023 at 5:21 PM, facthunter said:

I'm glad there's people who will do it, otherwise it'd be like Pprune and many other forums that you'd have to be a Sado masochist to visit.  Nev

Is this simply confirmation of your previous post Nev? :thumb up: