Why no publicity of Tyabb Air Show?

I was unaware that this year's Tyabb Air Show was taking place last weekend. The first I knew of it was when some great photos started popping up on Facebook. However, due to the heat (about 38 deg), I probably would not have gone, but I would have expected it to be publicised here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I only knew because the blokes in the hangar opposite were getting their sabre jet ready to take off for tyabb. Not much advertising for it. 

Yet they are advertising the sale airshow and that is a food truck fest. Hardly any aircraft to look at.

1 hour ago, turboplanner said:

.....and the signs on EastLink pointing at 40,000 vehicles a day.

....and if you never need to travel on Eastlink?

My point is, due to the readership, this forum should have been the first stop.

3 minutes ago, red750 said:

My point is, due to the readership, this forum should have been the first stop.

Why so a dozen old men can attend?

hate to break it to you, but not many - if any on this forum are the target demographic.

we are not young families with kids.

• Agree 1

For things to happen, someone has to do it. We can't just assume someone (else) will  take care of it.  I've been to at least two in the past and they were well attended. It's about actual flyable interesting aeroplanes and some of us are still interested in them, are we not? Nev

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, facthunter said:

For things to happen, someone has to do it. We can't just assume someone (else) will  take care of it.  I've been to at least two in the past and they were well attended. It's about actual flyable interesting aeroplanes and some of us are still interested in them, are we not? Nev

The thread is about advertising of the lack of it.

Edited by turboplanner

I am talking about someone having to place information Here AND the appeal of it to us.. Relevant I would have thought. Your comment doesn't make sense. Could you elaborate?  Nev

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, turboplanner said:

The thread is about advertising of the lack of it.

The lack of it on the media that the readers of this forum use...

The Adelaide Motorsport festival was on yesterday, did anyone here know about it?

23 minutes ago, facthunter said:

Do you think that is an equivalent. I don't. Nev

I think it is a bigger event with a broader interest range.

I Dont expect many here knew about it  - as it wasn't relevant to them. and it was a different location.
they were not the applicable market.

It was pointed out that there was billboards on Eastlink - one of Melbourne's busiest roads (probably second to the monash)
there is also live reads on the breakfast radio stations.

there was talk of Facebook - and photos after the event.

... but were you subscribed to the page before the event. (I know the Aldinga airshow is coming up as I am subscribed to the Aldinga page)

you cant whinge and complain about it not being advertised, just because its not in the Media you use - especially when you are outside the target demographic.

I think we would all agree a full page ad in a newspaper would have little impact now compared to a decade ago.

Edited by spenaroo
  • Like 2

I haven't whinged or complained about anything except some implied expectation the information will somehow appear in front of us, automatically and that we  are here out of an Interest Primarily about AEROPLANES still has significant relevance.   Nev

• Like 1

The frying weather was the dominating part of the day. Aircraft wise it was reasonable but I am getting a bit blasé in my old age. 

I should stop attending shows as I have attended many significant international displays.  

However I think that for attendees that do not have a frequent involvement with aircraft it was good fun.

A young pair of observers were massively impressed with the aerobatic displays so it was getting through to an important audience.

It was good to see the Sabre in the air, caused a rear of nostalgia to run down the cheek. Shame that Temorah cant get theirs into the air.

I believe it is because they insist on the bang seat being operational and that is not going to happen.

Edited by tillmanr
Spelling correction
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

12 minutes ago, facthunter said:

I haven't whinged or complained about anything except some implied expectation the information will somehow appear in front of us, automatically and that we  are here out of an Interest Primarily about AEROPLANES still has significant relevance.   Nev

My post was aimed at Red750 and his comments

• Like 1

All good,

admittedly I did quote you, Just wanted to show my argument with events advertising to what is most effective with the target demographic.

(i was raised in the church, so parables and examples are my go to with demonstrating a point)

also completely agree with your point that this site's news and events are only as good as our posting.
I imagine in this case most of us assumed it was common knowledge - so no one bothered to post it.

and unlike a fly-in. this is "general public" event.
so while its of interest to us, probably isn't the priority of the organizers team to post on a special interest group forum to advertise it.

Edited by spenaroo

There are some fantastic photos on Facebook like these ones, just two of eighty by this photographer, Mark Walker..Link here.

TyabbTiger.thumb.jpg.4351718dd825d8d1deb4c25ecab4ac33.jpgTyabbWinjeel.thumb.jpg.a05b6a9b5fba38feaa189fc20d60ab77.jpg

I have travelled far & wide for airshows. 

I expect too much from this site as it has an " events " listing .

It seems very empty lately. Could one person have added their birthday party .LoL

spacesailor

1 hour ago, tillmanr said:

The frying weather was the dominating part of the day. Aircraft wise it was reasonable but I am getting a bit blasé in my old age.

Me too, I left after Andrew’s display in the Extra - the heat affected his performance too. Even then it took ages to get out of the car park.

Quite a few people there, especially with that weather, so they would’ve been happy with their publicity. I would’ve flown in if the weather was better and I’d have offered red750 a seat.

• Like 2