Why no publicity of Tyabb Air Show?

Yes, I agree that the weather was a problem. I was affected by the heat at Avalon Air Show in 2017 and had to be given a lift to the gate on one of those golf buggies. Nearing 80, I don't handle the heat too well. Thanks for the offer Dave, I'm not sure that I would have been able to go as it turned out. However, the hot weather would not have been known two or three months ago when I would have expected an announcement in the Events section. 

6 hours ago, spenaroo said:

The lack of it on the media that the readers of this forum use...

The Adelaide Motorsport festival was on yesterday, did anyone here know about it?

where is adelaide

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, facthunter said:

Usually ahead of Australia in most things but a bit too hot..   Nev

I was only joking. I like it. The bits I have seen anyway.

When going , to Parks NSW. 

Do you have to wear a .

ELVIS hair style.  LoL

I often check the ' Events ' forum , but it has been very MT., lately. 

not even a " birthday barbie party ". 

spacesailor

• Haha 1

On the LEFT HAND SIDE MENU, there is an EVENTS Calendar - and ANYONE can ADD any forthcoming EVENT to it, that may be of interest to forum readers.

Maybe Ian needs to make the EVENTS part of the LHS menu, more prominent on the website? In flashing text, perhaps?? :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, onetrack said:

On the LEFT HAND SIDE MENU, there is an EVENTS Calendar - and ANYONE can ADD any forthcoming EVENT to it, that may be of interest to forum readers.

Maybe Ian needs to make the EVENTS part of the LHS menu, more prominent on the website? In flashing text, perhaps?? :classic_rolleyes:

Doesn't look used. Very empty.

• Agree 1

It seems a lot of forum users are unaware of the EVENTS calendar. I've posted local air events on there when I knew they were forthcoming, but we run very light on events on the Left Coast, it seems all the air events are on the East Coast.

Also, as COVID killed off a lot of public events, it seems that forum users just forgot about the events calendar, as very little was happening throughout the pandemic period.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spacesailor said:

When going , to Parks NSW. 

Do you have to wear a .

ELVIS hair style.  LoL

I often check the ' Events ' forum , but it has been very MT., lately. 

not even a " birthday barbie party ". 

spacesailor

I have an Elvis wig and sunglasses if you want to borrow them next time spacey. You'll look real cool!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, onetrack said:

It seems a lot of forum users are unaware of the EVENTS calendar. I've posted local air events on there when I knew they were forthcoming, but we run very light on events on the Left Coast, it seems all the air events are on the East Coast.

Also, as COVID killed off a lot of public events, it seems that forum users just forgot about the events calendar, as very little was happening throughout the pandemic period.

albany had the best airshow i have been to but when the main organiser died in a heli training accident the show stopped too. it was a shame to lose such a great event on the south coast.

• Informative 2

5 hours ago, facthunter said:

Let's be organised and have a permanent "Coming Events of Interest" thread.  Nev

Events.thumb.jpg.a71dce5f90afc1c28f10f52a2a8fb1a4.jpg

This is what I put in our March club newsletter.

Tyabb Airshow                     10 March                               Tyabb, VIC

Unusual Attitudes Fly-in    16 March                               Lake Eppalock VIC

Ausfly                                     22nd - 23rd March              Wentworth NSW

Aldinga Airshow                  7th April                                Aldinga SA

RAAus Fly-n For Fun           12-14 April                            Parkes NSW

ANZAC Weekend Airshow 27-28 April 2024                 West Sale, VIC

"Events"  could be a report on or a question on  or how good last years was, suggestion for a change to or is anyone interested in a such and such. Obviously the existing situation is a bit moribund to say the least.. Self evident.   Nev