New Feature - Trip Recording

Admin

Hi All, I am looking at adding a new feature to the site that enables you to enter the trips you go on. I would need to adapt an addon that is made for the ecording a Hiking, Cycling, Skiing etc to one for Flying trips and I was wondering whether you think it would be a good addition to the site?

Now, one thing is that this site has so many great features for you all to add things to and not just discussion forums yet most of you don't add content into them like Movies, Books, Articles, Calendar Events, Gallery, Videos, Blogs, Groups etc. These are all here for you to add anything that you may find on your internet travels and can share to all other site users...this is your site so is there any reason why you don't contribute in all areas?

Here is the description of the Trip/Route Feature for you to work out if you think it would be a great feature and would be used:

Empower your community members with the ability to submit (by uploading a GPX file), explore, and engage with routes like never before. The Routes application seamlessly integrates with your site platform, enhancing user experience and fostering a vibrant community around outdoor activities, travel, and exploration.

1. Route Submission: Users can effortlessly submit routes directly through the application. They can provide detailed descriptions, upload GPX files, share captivating images and videos, and specify route-specific information such as distance, activity type, difficulty level, weather conditions, surface type, and elevation. This comprehensive data ensures that every route submission is rich in information, guiding fellow adventurers accurately.

2. Interactive Map Display: Harnessing the power of OpenStreetMap, our application provides an intuitive and interactive map interface. Users can visualise routes seamlessly, plan their adventures with precision, and explore routes submitted by others within the community.

3. Community Engagement: Foster community interaction and collaboration through route commenting and reviews. Users can share their experiences, offer tips and recommendations, and engage in discussions related to specific routes. This social aspect enriches the community experience, encouraging camaraderie and knowledge-sharing among members.

4. Robust Filtering and Search: With a vast repository of routes at their disposal, users can easily discover routes tailored to their preferences. Our application offers robust filtering and search functionalities, enabling users to narrow down their options based on criteria such as activity type, difficulty level, location, and more. Whether they're seeking a leisurely hike or a challenging cycling route, finding the perfect adventure has never been easier.

5. Responsive Design: Our application boasts a responsive design, ensuring seamless accessibility across devices of all sizes. Whether users are accessing the platform from their desktops, tablets, or smartphones, they can enjoy a consistent and optimised experience, enhancing usability and convenience.

6. GPX files: Users have the convenience of downloading GPX files for any submitted route, enabling them to seamlessly transfer routes to their own devices, such as GPS devices, smartphones, or fitness trackers, for offline navigation and exploration. Ability to link to the same route on the Strava platform. This feature ensures flexibility and accessibility, empowering users to take their adventures beyond the digital realm and into the great outdoors easily.

So what do you think??????

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot2.png

Screenshot3.png

Screenshot5.png

Screenshot6.png

WOW, 104 views and not one comment, is this site, this resource still working and helping aviators or has it had its day and it is time to move on to say Facebook? I wonder how many users are still flying?

From my position, I haven't travelled more than 25km from home since before the beginning of the pandemic, but it should be good for others. I'm not likely to go anywhere that would necessitate a flight.