Where to get Notams ?

There's various methods - hit the "Weather" button on the top right of the forum pages here and it'll take you to a wonderfully consolidated group of briefing materials...including NOTAMS.

Also, it's probably worth getting a copy of NAIPS which is the Airservices application for briefings & flight plan submissions. You have to register but it doesn't cost anything - either to register or for the software...or to use the briefing services.

Cheers,

Matt.

Also, it's probably worth getting a copy of NAIPS which is the Airservices application for briefings & flight plan submissions. You have to register but it doesn't cost anything - either to register or for the software...or to use the briefing services.

I registered for NAIPS about 2 years ago and could never get it working, after half a dozen of emails bouncing back and forth, I phoned the tech support people for help and when they realised I wasn't GA the attitude changed from very helpful to being told very abruptly that I should work it out myself.

They obviously haven't looked at the name of their organisation.

Mark

The cynic in me says "you get what you pay for"...which is of course pretty accurate in this case - Airservices (and CASA) are primarily responsible for "the fare paying passenger" and private/recreational operators will always take a back seat to commercial operators.

All that aside, if you need some assistance with NAIPS - installing, using etc. ask away, I'm sure there's plenty of folks here willing to assist...me included.

Cheers,

Matt.

Guest pelorus32

I found it very easy and effective to get NAIPS working. I also found the Airservices help desk very ahhh...helpful!

The other option that you can think about is to get something like Flightplanner 3000 http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/view.php?pg=review-flightplanner3000.

You will need a NAIPS logon but Flightplanner automatically logs on and in the latest iteration will do a "plain english" decode of the weather for you as well.

Regards

Mike

• 1 year later...