Jonsey

Guest DJ_21857

Guest DJ_21857

Hi everyone. I have always had a keen interest in anything aviation and at 47 have decided to go to the next step and look at getting into some sort of ultralight to begin with. I have enjoyed reading the posts on the site already.

Regads

Jonsey

Hey Jonsey welcome to this forum. You'll find lots of helpful info from the members. What kind of aircraft are you looking at and where do you think you'll be flying from? I fly a J160 out of Temora, NSW. I trained on a GAzelle (very lovely and forgiving), a trike, and a J160.

CAZZA

Guest DJ_21857

Not too sure yet but may look at joining Serpentine near Perth. Re planes the same not sure. I like the look of the Gazelle what engine was it running and did have you had any problems during your training? My neigbour has just ordered a Lightning kit so I hope I can help with the build.

thanks

again for your message.

Jonsey.

DJ, the GAzelle I trained on AND the one I bought both had Rotax 912 0 80 HP engines. Very reliable old workhorses. Just came back from Sun and Fun in US. Many of the new fancy composite aircraft coming out of Italy and the Czec republic are using Rotax 012 100 hp engines.

Cazza

Guest DJ_21857

:thumb_up: I am less than an 1 hour from saftey bay. I did a trial flight a few years back and was hooked then.

Jonsey