Just Landed - Newbie

Guest GrantMxr

Guest GrantMxr

Hi All,

I am a relative newbie to forums and the like. I am based in South Australia and have been interested in aircraft for more than 30 years. I have flown gliders in my past, been in the passnegr seat of many a light aircraft and am currently looking to learn more about Light Sports Aircraft with view to getting my pilots licence. I am looking forward to "Recreational Flying" helping me point me in the right directions.

G

PS. I am also an avid RC model fan - gliders, electric and IC

Guest GrantMxr

Doug,

I live in Adelaide with my dated light aircraft "passengering" experience going back to Parafield and very dated Gliding at Murray Bridge. I have been up once or twice (pax) out of Darwin.

Cheers, Grant

Guest basscheffers

I am in Adelaide (Greenwith) also. I am training in the Sportstar at Forsyth Aviation at Parafield. It's been out of action due to damage for a while, but should be back up this week after they finish painting the thing! They are the only ones doing RA-Aus training at Parafield.

Other options for training are the Adelaide Soaring Club at Gawler, and there are schools at Murray Bridge and Aldinga. (both a bit far to drive for me)

Cheers,

Bas.

Guest GrantMxr

Bas,

Thanks for the info. I am in Belair and was thinking the Sporstars at Aldinga were probably going to be my best option. Have you long to go before you get your licence?

Cheers, Grant

Guest basscheffers

Sounds like you are already halfway down there; I'd probably choose Aldinga too if I lived south of the city. I hear good things about them - not to mention the cafe. I'll drop in some time when I get to navigation training.

I have just over 13 hours now, but haven't flow the Sportstar for the last 4.5 hours! I should solo soon after it's airworthy again. It would be nice to be done with the basic certificate before the year is out and the PAX and x-country done in Q1 2009.