Just Landed

Guest sandgroper51

Guest sandgroper51

Hi. I'm just making my way back to flying after a break that has lasted decades - I originally dropped out due to 2 mortgages, 3 billy lids etc., but then divorce and other setbacks kept me from getting back in. Now a grandfather and still can't stop myself from stepping outside for a look whenever I hear an engine sounds the slightest bit like its off the ground!

Had a job in the aviation industry for nearly 18 years but only a PPL and logged just short of 100 hours in the late 60's and early 70's, been an armchair pilot since so I hope it won't take much to get back in the air. Haven't decided where to start yet so if anyone has any suggestions or hints on how to decide, I'm listening.

Cheers!

Guest sandgroper51

I'm in the big smoke, north eastern suburb of Perth, so Bindoon and Northam seem to be the closest places where rec flying is available. Still considering my choices, e.g., aerochute/weight-shift/tail dragger/tricycle gear/etc. I learned on a GA type (PA28) but expect rec flying sector to be more my style & budget so I may not revisit GA unless I win Lotto!