Hello from South African

andreb

Hi All

We will be landing in Australia in Jan and I am looking forward to some greta flying in Australia. I currently fly a microlight Polaris Skin 582. I have also just sold it.

Looking to buy a new aircraft and get my Australian Pilots license when I get there. We will be settling on the Gold Coast for the first year, so any help with aircraft, flights, license assistance, airfields, etc would be appreciated.

Hope to meet many of you soon.

cheers

Andre

:big_grin:

Welcome Andre.

It'll be a lovely flight for you, down from the Gold Coast to Narromine for our Natfly gathering of the faithful in 2009.

And don't forget to plan some time to get down to Avalon in March as well.

Regards & let us know when we can all come up for a Brei (is that how it is spelt). Geoff

Guest pelorus32

G'day Andre,

here's the place that will tell you about getting your Australian Rec Pilots Certificate:

Learn to fly

Part way down the page there is a link to a section for those already with a license.

Some other forum members will be able to tell you about flying schools near the GC.

Regards

Mike

Hi Andre

One of your countrymen & fellow trike pilot recently moved to Brisbane and now flies with us at Caboolture. We assisted him to convert his South African licence to an Australian RAAus certificate & its not a big deal. PM me if you want more info & I might be able to put you in touch with him.

Trikes aren't as big in Aus as RSA but there are a reasonable (& growing) number - you just have to know where to look as they don't tend to have such a high profile.

Cheers

John

• 6 months later...

Hi All

We eventually landed and got settled on the Gold Coast from South Africa, and I also recently completed my PPL in South Africa. I wish to validate my PPL in Australia and do the necessary flight test and exam. Is there an instructor at the club that can assist me with this?

I also wish to join a local flying club and ire and fly until I decide what aircraft to purchase.

Many thanks

cheers

Andre