C F M STREAK SHADOWS

mr badger

HI EVERY, ONE ARE THERE ANY OTHER STREAK SHADOW OWNERS OUT THERE ???

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT ONE MY SELF AND STARTING TO BRING IT UP TO TIP TOP CONDITION .

ARE A BIT THIN ON THE GROUND IF SO MAYBE WE NEED TO SWAP IDEAS AND INFO WHAT DO YOU THINK !!!!!!!

Guest Crezzi

Hello Mr Badger

I don't have 1 anymore but I owned 1 for several years in the UK so I may be able to advise if you get stuck. There are 2 or 3 at Caboolture as well.

A truely great plane IMO - I can recommend the autobiography of David Cook (the designer) if you haven't read it

Cheers

John

Guest asic45

The achilles heel of the Shadow is that it is a low engine pusher. Great for flying off manicured lush grass strips in Europe, but impossible to use on gravel or dirt strips here. About 450 were built by various companies, and I believe that most of them are still flying. They have a unique combination of primary and secondary safety characteristics, and since they went on sale in the mid 1980's, and despite numerous minor bingles, they are yet to register a serious injury or fatality. They are a little slow, a little uncomfortable, and a little impractical, but they have the best flight behaviour of any ultralight, and are serious fun !

Guest Crezzi
HEY JOHN WE MEET AT CAB WHEN I WAS LOOKING AT TONY STILLERS AIRCRAFT , MISSED THAT ONE , ENDED UP WITH THE SHADOW IT HAS 200 HRS ON IT WITH A 618 ROTAX AND BUILT IN 1999CHEERS

Glad you got yourself some wings - the BushCaddy went to Boonah but personally I suspect the Shadow was better deal. I look forward to seeing it soon hopefully. As asic45 points out, they are not without their drawbacks but the performance is excellent for a 1980's design. Best to think of them as 1+1 rather than a 2-seater though.

Just out of interest have either of your aircraft had the undercarriage mods which were required in the UK ?

Cheers

John