OK, Enough all ready

Deskpilot

Hey guys, Every day I open the latest mail page and what do I see....a bl**dy long list of international or Australian Aviation new events. Hidden amongst it are the few posts that I really want to read. Can we please have a separate, one click, folder for the Av News type posts, then those who really want to read it can have as much as they want, hidden in that folder. Ian, you know what I'm saying? Anybody else upset with the daily search. I believe this problem has been raised before. Apart from that, the site is going great.

If I click on "New Posts" on the blue horizontal menu I don't get any of the news items listed as they have been removed from there some time ago.

Can you tell me what you are doing, clicking etc so I can find out what is happening - there shouldn't be any news items listed and they are only searchable from within the news forums themselves.

Ian

I get the same as Doug. Or I do occasionally.

My 1st port of call in the forums each day is to click on "New Posts" and sometimes it is swamped with the news items to which Doug refers. From memory, yesterday morning was particularly bad.

Have just checked it again before posting this and they all appear to have gone from the New Posts list.

Looks like an intermittent issue .... which are always the most fun .... but it does (sometimes) happen as Doug described.

Regards

Le Crappeee

Ian, I have an icon on my desktop which takes me straight to 'Latest Posts'. Now I may have renamed it, can't remember. As 'Le Crappeee' 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif pointed out, yesterday was bad but for me, so was this morning, perhaps 20 posts on news alone. How should I replace my d/t icon to new posts only, can't see a 'Send to d/t...' tag anywhere.

Ok All

I only have the evenings and very early mornings to do any work on the site so things are now progressing slowly and if I run out of time they have to stay in limbo until the next moment I can get.

I have been trying to clean up the news area and on Tuesday night I started splitting the news and adding more news resources. On Wed morning I realised that I hadn't included an "exclude" for the International News forum in the "New Posts". This is why you are thinking it is intermittent Cap't.

The "Exclude" command of both the Aust News and the International News forums has now been added to both the "New Posts" and the "Today's Posts" buttons so you won't see the news items included when you manually click either of these to get the latest or today's posts.

Some users have created a shortcut to the latest posts on their own PC. This shortcut would now NOT include the "Exclude" command. To continue using your shortcut you will need to update it to:

http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=33,89

The problem with using a shortcut is that if anything changes here then your shortcut may become incorrect and hence cause problems such as what has happened. If you do ever find an issue then please let me know so I can assist you to fix it.

Hope this helps!

PS - I am still tinkering with the news items but it is mainly in the formatting etc.

Problem with working is that I got half the post typed and had to go away to a meeting and when I came back, finished the post and submitted it - I can now see others have posted in that time - thanks guys!

Ian, having just started a new role I concur with finding time to do anything.

But given I had suggested the exclude of news a while ago and you did it without issue all i can say is 113_im_with_stupid.gif.c7998083611453eb404ccd147fef8c5f.gif 113_im_with_stupid.gif.d45bc13dd386fe8822f6b5bda0f59e40.gif 113_im_with_stupid.gif.c7998083611453eb404ccd147fef8c5f.gif