Oakey Fly in - thoughts?

nathan_c

Oakey day

Flew over from Caloundra on Sunday in a Texan:cool:, saturday was apparently attrocious with wind and dust. Sunday was a pearler and I also had a ball talking to blokes like Bill, who is part of the spitty restoration and all the locals are so passionate about preserving military A/c. I also bought an excellent DVD " Guardians of the Spitfire", it is a doco that covers this a/c's involvement in Australia and the Pacific- excellent.

I got the opportunity to take the hotseat in the Tiger as well- 8 function buttons on each control and multiple EFIS screens with interactive HUD- and that was just the stuff I could understand.

Well attended, and a great reason to leave the coast and my Tiger moth flying passenger enjoyed it too.:thumb_up:

Well done :high 5:to the MAAF and Oakey locals.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Tomo... cant see your pics from Oakey ??

I had a nice visit there in May. My wifes Grandfather who lived at Jandowe died and we went up there for the funeral. Dropped in to Dalby for a quick sticky-beak and then the next day my Bro in-law took me for a tour of Oakey Base. He,s a Warrant Officer/ Regimental Sargent Major there so access was a breeze. The Museum was excellent !

I want to try to get up there for next years event (fly-in)