Tow bar for a Jab

pbatters

Can anyone help me with some information re a tow bar for my LSA 3J? I have recently acquired new hanger space and the owner requires all hangered aircraft to have a tow bar for moving the aircraft. My aircraft does not have spats fitted.

cheers

Peter:)

• Helpful 1

Tow bar for my Jab

Quentas, thankyou for your response. I have contacted the Jab factory and they have never seen one, I donot have a problem with moving the jab around myself, but the hanger operator is adamant I need a tow bar for others to move my aircraft.

cheers

Peter

G'Day Peter,

Well, If you must have a tow bar, then a tow bar you shall have. There's one out at the aero club (for a Jabiru). I'll take a photo of it today and post later.

regards

• Informative 2
  • Caution 1

Ok Pete, here it is. Very easy to make. :thumb_up:

1. Solid aluminium rod bent thru 87 - 90% (I think it's half inch, but you better check) x 2

2. Aluminium tube to fit handle and puller internal dia of half inch x 36 inches long.

3. Join with pop rivits and shove on rubber grip at handle end.

regards

:big_grin:

TowBarDimensions.jpg.18d8c550aea3f857ad9a3d322080f89f.jpg

TowBarInPlace.jpg.43627baf5ea3af20a2d693f99c7024df.jpg

• Helpful 1
  • Winner 1

Jab Towbar

BigPete, thankyou very much for this information. I appreciate the time and effort you put into this. It looks a very simple arrangement to put together. I will do some checking of the sizes, Hope to catch up with you next time I am in Echuca, once again thankyou,

cheers

PeterB.:thumb_up:

• 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I wouldn't put my plane in a hangar where others regularly move planes around. They aren't shopping trolleys and hangar damage is a significant risk to safety. You should also have your own spot which should be allocated on the size of the plane and how often it is used. If the size of the Hangar is such that all the forward planes have to be moved out each day, again disaster.looms eventually. Nev

• Agree 1

I wouldn't put my plane in a hangar where others regularly move planes around. They aren't shopping trolleys and hangar damage is a significant risk to safety. You should also have your own spot which should be allocated on the size of the plane and how often it is used. If the size of the Hangar is such that all the forward planes have to be moved out each day, again disaster.looms eventually. Nev

I've never kept my plane in a hangar, but would like to one day. I always assumed aviators would take care of aircraft, but recently I had two different experienced pilots lean on parts of my plane that were never meant for it.

The other worry is that someone may pick my baby up by the tailplane, rather than by lifting under the rear fuselage. Might have to add a few more signs.