Feeling lucky?

Guest airsick

Guest airsick

If you are feeling lucky then drop by this training academy to get your licence. If all goes well you will get your CPL out of it, touch wood. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I wonder if they realise what saying 'touch wood' means in English?

Touchwood Aviation

This time last year I caught a train from Turino (Italy) to Paris and waiting at the station for the train I needed to visit the station amenities - a room with just a hole in the floor - I took each step in there very carefully, wouldn't want to slip over :raise_eyebrow:

Guest airsick

Imagine trying to tread carefully while the train is rocking from side to side.

This shot was taken while on a recent trip to India, pretty much as Motz described. I didn't have the pleasure of using it and hopefully won't have to in future, touch wood...

india.jpg.d5acb51e2d500a365a1284bc2ab0c3e6.jpg

Compared to things I have seen in China, that looks positively sanitary!

Once I went into a public toilet 4 times because I really needed to go. The wall-to-wall faeces along a 20 foot trough turned me back each time. Eventually I was cured of the need and reabsorbed everything which my body had formerly considered waste.

I did not take a photo.

Guest airsick

I've seen a few things...

When I first flew into Indonesia I needed to go to the toilet. I figured that seeing as how we had almost arrived I would just wait until we landed, fatal mistake. By the time we had actually landed, cleared immigration, collected bags and passed through customs I was ready to roll. I walked into the first toilet and no paper. At first it didn't click but by the third toilet (block, not cubicle, I had checked many by now) I noticed the hose on the walls, a sort of bidet if you like. Kenny would've been proud. After some hunting for a box of tissues I finally got to relieve myself but not before a lot of sweating, worrying, cursing and anxiety.

While in India I stayed in a small town where few, if any, westerners travel. The locals were a great bunch and built us a western style toilet, really nice of them. This toilet was outdoors and located out the back of the place we were staying. We were told that we were not to use the back entrance to the our accommodation but rather we should use the front entrance and take the long way round.

One day I used the back entrance without thinking and discovered the reason they advised against it. The toilet outlet was not plumbed, it just flushed onto the ground. Taking the long way round meant you didn't see this! There was a man whose job it was to shovel our 'dealings' into a bucket and cart it off to wherever it is they took it. Poor chap.

Ian the Italians call them a 'Turca' apparently a Turkish invention bit hard to come to terms with during a night on the grappa:confused:

My trip to India in 1984 had a trip on the night train to Bicaneer. Luxury having a 2 berth sleeper for me and Jane, big fans whirling away on the ceiling and the toilet had a shower. Well not really a shower, but the water tank above it leaked. But I have got used to all that from many trips to Asia. Lovely people but beware of the water.

Guest Ruprect

"Touchwood was established in 1997 as an entertainment and events management company which diversified into civil aviation sector in 2004."

Diversified is the word!:big_grin: