Time to get back in the air....

So there I was, Saturday morning in the supermarket, slight hangover trying to claw back some Brownee points from the missus (else you wouldn't find me within 10 miles of a shopping mall on a saturday morning), with my head in the clouds. Crabbing my shopping trolley down the "centreline" of the aisle, visualising the landing point and compensating for the xwind, then kick her straight and wing down into wind to stop the drift,(flair somewhere in there too) successful xwind landing... err time to backtrack runway to collect unimpressed missus with armfull of groceries...:hittinghead:

Tragic isn't he.. Anyway got 2 weeks off work starting with watching the Red Bull Air race then I'm going to finish off the license and get my navs under my belt if the weather allows... can't wait:rotary:

. Anyway got 2 weeks off work starting with watching the Red Bull Air race :thumb_up::thumb_up:then I'm going to finish off the license and get my navs under my belt if the weather allows... can't wait:rotary:now this peice i under stand :thumb_up::thumb_up::thumb_up: man neil

So there I was, Saturday morning in the supermarket, slight hangover trying to claw back some Brownee points from the missus (else you wouldn't find me within 10 miles of a shopping mall on a saturday morning), with my head in the clouds. Crabbing my shopping trolley down the "centreline" of the aisle, visualising the landing point and compensating for the xwind, then kick her straight and wing down into wind to stop the drift,(flair somewhere in there too) successful xwind landing... err time to backtrack runway to collect unimpressed missus with armfull of groceries...:hittinghead:

Can relate to that....But with me Mum instead of a missus.....:big_grin:

I noticed you missed adding that bit where you accidently and very Innocently drove the troley a bit close to the shelves and knocked some goodys in........006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Cheers,

You could try my dodge to avoid the supermarket. The constant having to push the trolley causes my knees to play up. o f course you may need to be a sexygeranium to pull it off.

Goodonya mAgNeToDrOp,

I've had a great day at Narrogin committing aviation and will start my navs there in 2 weeks and like you 'can't wait'. Notice your airstrip is Wyalkatchem; I know the area very well as Koorda (next town north) is my home town (I live in Leeming now) and I know a lot of people around Wyalkatchem.

I'm looking forward to the Red Bull Air Race too and in fact just got a preview not 10 minutes ago as one of the aircraft was doing some 'maneouvers' in the circuit at Jandakot right over my house.

Cheers,

Pud

Nice, am chomping at the bit for the air race myself, live\work in the south perth area so come thursday it will be tough sitting indoors with the buzzing happening outside for practice... have my handheld radio (last year's frequency's:

Red Bull Shuttle 162.4500

Red Bull Tower 120.8500

Red Bull Tower 127.9000 )

to tune in which makes it much more interesting too. I think it's broadcast on a local fm station too( with commentary etc), not sure which.

Wyalkatchem is a great airstrip for training I think, 1500m sealed bitumen with 2 - 600m (approx)dirt cross strips, flat open country all round and uncluttered skys, flew up to Koorda (training area boundary from Wyalkatchem ) one day for a session of circuits, rough conditions that day but always nice to see another airfield after living in the circuit at Wyally :) Nice to get out in the training area and to do some right turns for a change;) (left hand circuits....) And if you want to mix it up with traffic there is always Cunderdin too (approx 25 nm from wyally) Cunderdin recently got their own frequency too so now we can actually get some radio calls in at Wyalkatchem.. Anyway haven't flown for about 2 months so can't wait to get back into it...