Nowra airshow

Guest airsick

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cabdude

I just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to make a quick post. I flew in on the day but was unaware of the injured child. Sounds like the kid will be ok, and hopefully Pip will be able to contact the family and do what he can to make things right.

I was flying the Archer in the OP and, yes, lined up on the wrong runway. At the time myself and my passenger (another pilot) were trying to reconcile the misprint in the ERSA, arrange separation from other traffic, some of whom were giving very strange calls, when the ground stations started talking over the top of us all. Very distracting. As soon as I realised my error, I went around, got above the circuit and went to the deadside to have another go, but very embarrassing and potentially dangerous nevertheless.

So thanks to Airsick for telling them to shut the hell up and let us do what we needed to do :thumb_up:

from the above posts it sounds like a very disorganised management.

That's what it's all about isn't it:laugh:006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

If it all went rosy, we'd have nothing to talk about:thumb_up::thumb_up:

102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif

Guest cabdude

I'm not sure it's a case of the management being disorganised per se, but perhaps a lack of experience in this sort of thing. An air show at Nowra is a (maybe) once or twice a year event, and a fly in of GA aircraft was almost unthinkable til recently. If the organisers would perhaps solicit feedback from participants, and maybe enrol some experienced organisers from, say, Temora, I'm sure that would lead to improvements in safety, efficiency and organisation. Even something as straightfoward as arranging a mass pilot briefing prior to departure in the afternoon would have helped.