New to flying and loving it.

Guest watto

Hey Guys, have not been flying long and still have a few hours to go before solo but I cannot wait for that first solo flight in my J230, I just want to be able to focus totally on the experience and not be thinking about what the instructor wants, it is quiet distractng from the whole thing. I am learning heaps but am full of anticipation for what is ahead in the way of exploring and adventures now that this world is openning up in a new way and a new found accessability (Brilliant)

I have not had a chance to get down to Rodds bay field yet to introduce myself but plan on getting there asap but with shift work that is hit and miss but will catch up soon!!

Happy flying all

Watto:rotary:

I just want to be able to focus totally on the experience and not be thinking about what the instructor wants

Hi Watto

Can you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by what the instructor wants?

Instructor knows best at this stage. I know you can get overloaded when learning to fly. Check the NTSB by month page and count how many (first) solo crashes have occurred, they are not hard to find. I consider the 230 as a reasonably high performance aircraft that is easy to fly but it can still catch you out if you are not paying attention. Have fun and be safe.

I mean that in a general way as I enjoy solitude at times and that is all, I am aware of the need to learn safety ect but am simply looking forward to my own space, if that makes sense.:yin_yan:

I think the main impression I got from 1st solo was the plane pretty much jumped into the air and climbed much better, (I dont notice that these days as much) then I realised I had to get the plane down by myself along with the stark realisation of what can happen if I get panicky, then its `fly the plane etc`. Im sure the instructor was as nervous as I as he walked from the threshold back to the terminal. It is probably the biggest achievment in flying, even more so than getting your licence in my opinion.

Cheers, Q.

Think of the instructor too.

The instructor is the one who has to make the decision as to whether you are good enough, so the buck stops with him . If you fly the circuit as you have been taught, then mostly things work out fine. You are going to come out on a high.

Once you open the throttle to do it, it doesn't help to dwell on the fact that you are up there on your own., just keep busy... IF the weather changes or traffic causes a change to your circuit, then extra resources are called upon and it can get interesting.. Nev..

I agree, I have read more on this subject than anything in my life! I am so focused it is scary and yes the main thing is at all times" fly the plane until its back on the ground and parked in the hangar it must be kept in check with full attention because disaster can strike before you get off the ground or after you are back on it.

I have mastered many machines in my short life and the thing I always remind myself of is that they are built by man for man to use!! so with due respect, care and attention there is no reason anything should be out of a persons reach unless medical conditions etc dictate otherwise.

I am a glass half full sort of guy and tend to try not to dwell on what can go wrong instead focus my attention on gaining the ability to make things go right and if a problem arises use those abilities to get the best possible outcome for the situation, that is what a life time of riding performance motorcycles and a 14 year career in the prison service as a leader and now working in heavy industry has taught me.:thumb_up::thumb_up: