2nd Lesson was good!

Guest Cralis

Confusion.

VERY SPECIFIC questions should be asked IF NEEDED. To critique the entire learning process must lead to confusion. EVEN IF we were talking to you face to face to cover so much would be difficult. I don't think it will be fair to your instructor at this or any point and I think it will cause you to make hard work of it. Give yourself a break, If you have a good instructor and good reference books where you can cover the next sequence (and review your last one), leave it at that. Confusion and flying NEVER make a good combination. Initial basic flying training is not rocket science, and a good job has been done by many organisations in the past. Nev

Thanks to all.

I managed to get my instructor on the phone, and he explained that it is the P.A.T route we take. UNFORTUNALTY... I had jumped on the wrong train, and the wrong line, and when he called, I was busy trying to fight my way off this train... I managed to jump at a stop in the middle of NOWHERE!! I was lost (As a new person to Australia)... so was a bit confused. And from the time I realised I was on the wrong train, to the time I was off the train - my instructor was on the phone to me explaining it all! :( So, I missed a bit, including WHY PAT is the way to go. DAMN! So, I'm going to have to call him tomorrow and appologise, and ask for a re-run! 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

But from what I could get, while standing on the most dodgy platform on the Queensland Rail network... was that PAT was used... because if you change the A first (to slow down), the energy goes from speed, into lift... So, lets reduce the enrgy first and then pull back to slow down...

BUT ALAS, I was flustered and trying to sound like all was cool, so let me get confirmation tomorrow. :thumb_up:

twas said before and worth saying again

The length of debate about a flight manoeuvre is always inversely proportional to the complexity of manoeuvre. Thus, if the flight manoeuvre is simple enough, debate approaches infinity.

-- Robert Livingston, ‘Flying The Aeronca

I swear if I were a tentative beginner in aviation and came across this sort of debate I would just stick with brain science or rocket surgery.

Jeremy Clarkson said something along the lines of all groups of like minded people invent a new language so that those outside the group haven’t a clue what they are talking about.

I reckon it goes one stage further in that after a while they don’t even know themselves

031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

Guest pelorus32
Sorry guys but wouldn't it be a good idea to let the instructor instruct, I know we all are here to learn but since when do we get our pilot certificte of the net???Just a thought,

And a good thought too BLA82...which is why I said "Has your instructor....let us know when he has".

Regards

Mike

twas said before and worth saying againThe length of debate about a flight manoeuvre is always inversely proportional to the complexity of manoeuvre. Thus, if the flight manoeuvre is simple enough, debate approaches infinity.

-- Robert Livingston, ‘Flying The Aeronca

That's gold.

Guy,s

I hope I,m not speaking out of turn here as I am a man of little flying experience however I feel a need to put my point of view on this thread.

Do we as fellow fliers think it is fair to put on public display and to debate an instructors methods and inputs into a student's progress in learning to fly.

Can we begin to imagine how the instructor must feel (if he is aware of the thread) knowing that his every word and method of training is up for debate in the public arena .

I would not be surprised, if the instructor doe's become aware of the thread ,that he may refuse to continue the training as continuing would be placing tremendous pressure on himself to make sure that any instruction given and any words spoken are not misconstrued and published on the thread.

There I've said my piece and got it off my chest.

Cheers Ken

Point taken there Ken and on the other side of the coin is the fact that especially in this industry we are always learning and that also goes for instructors - pilots need to keep learning how they fly and instructors need to keep learning how they instruct.

The problem is how can it be done nicely so it works as an advantage rather then the opposite i_dunno

Has anyone debated methods? No one has said anything against any methods, so I'm maybe missing something here. The overall feeling seems to be that there are different ways of teaching.... I'm following the same methods and steps as the Aviation Centre books seem to go along... So, why all the negative talk?