Humidity

Guest Cralis

One way.

If it's a conventional window , Up/down, just open it enough to insert your plywood piece, otherwise remove a small section of glass panel and fit your plywood in place of it. You could put it up a chimney or any vent, as long as the heat gets outside. You are pumping the heat from inside to outside Nev..

another way

Craig, welcome to summer in queensland, I hate the hot and humidity as well. If you're not used to it be careful of heat stroke (keep the liquids up in particular to those little people you are responsible for). As for airconditioning, try to stay away from the portables, they are designed for "spot cooling" and are flat out cooling down a standard sized room. If you are going to buy a house and you are going to put airconditioning in it then I would suggest buying a split system, run the hoses etc through a window as described above (which will be easy to remove) and then permanently install in your own home. I live fairly close to Tomo out here on the Downs and with the lovely rain we are having at the moment we are also "enjoying" high humidity (something of a rarity in our usual hot fine weather) :big_grin:

You can buy a temp gauge with humidity reading, but my way is to check out the beer mug. If the outside is dry, the humidity is low. Outside has fine beads of sweat, humidity about 20%. Outside has large beads, humidity 50%.

Outside is wetter than the inside, either it is very humid, or you need to get a top up.