how tall is too tall for a Jab??

bruceinOz

Hi All.

Just a quick question for those in the know.

What would be the limit, in terms of pilots height, for a Jabiru?

A 172 is fine for a lanky bloke like me, but at 6'6" am I kidding myself there's a light plane for me out there?

Cheers and a great 09 to you

bruce

Here at Feilding we have a 2.00m tall person who came for a fly in my J200 and has built himself a J230 ...... Unlike me he doesn't need to sit on a cushion! PM if you want to know more,

I am about 195 cm tall and my instructor about the same, we fit fine in J230 :) Only some J230's might have glass cockpit for instance added so the instrument panel comes down a bit too far and presses against the knees, no fun on a long flight... J160 even roomier

im 188cm, and have no trouble in a J200, thick headset sometimes bumps side, but no problem.

Had same issue in a Cherokee 6 and a Comanche though

The issue with the panels is a big one, I can get legs under a "large panel" 230

Ive got the original small panel with glass instruments

JR

At risk of hijacking this thread:sorry: would tall timber (6'4") fit in a Bantam? Am keen to try flying one But methinks my head will stick out over the glass 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif and never mind the legs too...

Guess its best to find one and go have a sit ..

Guest basscheffers

It will also a big difference in where you have your height - in your legs, or upper body. The only way to find out for sure is to fit the aircraft on. I am sure lots of people will let you try theirs on for size on the ground!