Insurance for Tecnam

Guest Guest

G'day guys,

We are currently shopping around for some insurance for our Tecnam P92S, our aircraft will be used for private hire and training, Does anyone suggest a good insurance company, looking around the $20 million liability mark..

Was hoping I could get some info about yearly cost or any good info..

Cheers

Sam

Hi Sam

Try a call to Shepparton Aero Club, Mid Murray Flying School or Horsham Aero Club….they’re all operating P92’s and may be able to give you a few ideas and steer you in the direction of the most appropriate insurer for your needs.

David O

Thanks Dave,

Have already enquired a few clubs, everybody has been pretty helpful, it still helps to shop around though..

Cheers

Sam

• 1 year later...

That would be an interesting survey and good info, and, for the benefit of all - even the insurance companies might think this, I suspect - might be good for competition - after all, all aircraft owners have this information .........

Tabulation of:

Hours P in C - total hours - aircraft type - sum insured - insurance co - premium per year, etc, etc

Wouldn't know how to set the survey up though .......

???

JM

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

timshel - good idea this insurance info - I have a tecnam insured for 128 k and premium is $ 4300 - insurer seems to be 'Vero' - this is about my 3rd year and has reduced some - I have 600 hours and a $ 1,500 excess

the ratio of the 2 premiums are about the same - so I think (I guess) you have a good deal for the hours you say you have flown

no doubt all us 'insured' hope our 'insurers' will reduce their premium each year - if we have been good - I suspect for one reason and another and after a while it does not reduce much past a base level ?

I have made enquiries to four insurance companies with regard to the Lightning. Keep in mind that my aircraft is in the process of being built and will be in that process for a long time. The most expensive quote came from Vero, the cheapest from Norcrest. Depending on what you want to include (or exclude) in your insurance cover, will determine the price you pay.

I have found that if you are prepared to "bargain hard" you will get a good deal. My wife and I have just done that with house and car insurance. We are with different insurance companies for the house and car.

We have learned through experience that insurance companies don't do you any favours, so we pushed hard. Economically some companies are beginning to feel "the pinch." It's amazing what you can finally get. FWIW.