• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Sign in to follow this  
FlyingVizsla

Dynon D1 Fatal Error

Ilevil BOM :) Mine works well on my ipad

I had never heard of this until you wrote about this just now, Mark. I have had a bit of a look around and it looks pretty good. Here is a byDanJohnson interview with a Levil team member about the BOM product:

This sort of thing has the very real potential to put expensive alternatives such as Dynon, Garmin etc. out of business.

I am trialling mine on the girlfriend at the moment as I am looking at putting it in Mabel. Two ipads in the dash holders and a analogue ASI. Its a bummer the ipad will not work with the EIS engine monitor as all that will come up on the app for Ilevil as well. But the Ipad doesnt take serial in where the Ilevil SW series boxes do and the engine data would be on the full ipad. I am sure I saw a serial adaptor for the Ipad so I found a link and sent it to Ilevil but maybe they cant get it to work. So I will probably use a MGL Xtreme EFIS I have as a EMS for the engine and that gives me another backup anyway.

I am trialling mine on the girlfriend at the moment as I am looking at putting it in Mabel. Two ipads in the dash holders and a analogue ASI. Its a bummer the ipad will not work with the EIS engine monitor as all that will come up on the app for Ilevil as well. But the Ipad doesnt take serial in where the Ilevil SW series boxes do and the engine data would be on the full ipad. I am sure I saw a serial adaptor for the Ipad so I found a link and sent it to Ilevil but maybe they cant get it to work. So I will probably use a MGL Xtreme EFIS I have as a EMS for the engine and that gives me another backup anyway.

I have heard of someone who had serial input to Samsung Galaxy tablet using a dongle and a Bluetooth connection (for a non-aviation purpose). I would be pretty certain there must be something like this for the iPad as well.

Mine was originally mounted under the wing but I have since shifted it to the main wing strut similar to what Dan has done for his. Under the wing was too flexible[ATTACH=full]61589[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]61590[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]61591[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]61592[/ATTACH]

Those pictures are good. I think it looks better mounted on the strut.

Being that close does it interfere with the air flow? Will the turbine spin just as quickly? Will the accuracy be the same?