Tecnam Sierra tyres,tubes

jeff loton

:help:I live in Bunbury WA and have had my Sierra for 3months,am looking for any tips on types,off tyres tubes inflation etc....hassel free if possible.....current tyres are front 4.00 6ply,,rear 5.00 6ply how difficult to go to larger,better rims,higher ply ratings .....any help please.

thanks,

Jeff 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

Hi Jeff

Go to Marc Ingegno and check out the catalogue. They manufacture the wheels, brake calipers and discs for Tecnam:-

Catalogue

If you want to buy anything from them, suggest you go rob a bank first..needless to say I've made prior enquiries and their very pricey...not to mention the freight, the pathetic state of the Oz dollar against the Euro etc...

Some Tecnam owners have converted their mains to 6.00 x 6. I'm sure Bruce Stark (Tecnam Australia) would be able to help in this respect. I know Ruth Presland of Tecnam South Island (NZ) has done this conversion.

I've personally witnessed a new Sierra with only a few hours on the clock get a flat on landing, although I have 150 hours on mine and to date (touch wood) have not had a problem. Having said that, I operate off bitumen 95% of the time.

I need to be careful what I say, but I have been told that the tubes in the mains ex factory are, shall we say, not as good as Michelin Airstop...the tube I've been recommended to use.

Would suggest you rotate the mains on the rim at about 75 hours to even up the wear (due to the positive camber of the mains).The mains are 'real' aircraft tyres speed rated to 120 mph..no problem there.

I run 23 psi in the mains and 15psi in the nose wheel.

By the way, the nose wheel (Sava) is speed rated to 30 kmh...(and that's from the Marc Ingegno website).

Would be interested to know if you have any brake issues???(refer previous threads).

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeff,

Tecnamman is quite correct, there is a kit to fit a 600 X 6.0 tyres as mains to a Sierra. The kit comprises, longer stub axels, brake disc, calipers, rims, tyres and tubes. The tyres inflated to 19 psi are superb on soft strips and also on rough tufted grass strips. Unfortunately everything imported now has gone up in price. Speak with Geoffrey and he can get you a quote.

Tecnam have recently approved the Curtis quick drain oil valves and an oil thermostat for fitting to LSA aircraft. This dramatically improves the oil temperature warm up time and Tecnam have these units fitted on the P2006T light twin. This may be an advantage for winter operations at Busselton.

Regards

Bruce