Guess the plane

Guest Pioneer200

Farrar V-1, and Marilyn Monroe (RP-5 Radioplane)

That's the one

Although not Marilyn Munroe until 5 years later

Having arrived in California, Norma Jeane managed to get a job at the Radioplane Co. as an assembler on the OQ-3 production line. On 26 June 1945, army photographer David Conover was sent to the factory by his commanding officer, one Captain Ronald Reagan (an acting buddy of Reginald Denny's), to photograph women war workers.

The camera and the photographer loved Norma Jeane and he persuaded her to model for more photos that soon were circulating in Hollywood. A screen test, a change of name and a career very different from assembling robot planes quickly followed. The rest as they say, 'is history.'

Farrar V-1, and Marilyn Monroe (RP-5 Radioplane)

That's the one

Although not Marilyn Munroe until 5 years later

Having arrived in California, Norma Jeane managed to get a job at the Radioplane Co. as an assembler on the OQ-3 production line. On 26 June 1945, army photographer David Conover was sent to the factory by his commanding officer, one Captain Ronald Reagan (an acting buddy of Reginald Denny's), to photograph women war workers.

The camera and the photographer loved Norma Jeane and he persuaded her to model for more photos that soon were circulating in Hollywood. A screen test, a change of name and a career very different from assembling robot planes quickly followed. The rest as they say, 'is history.'

This is a concept design. I don't know if it was actually built. Very unusual design. I have posted it simply for interest sake, but if you can identify it, go ahead.

753854355_Mystery31.jpg.e304f50125234faff34f924c99ceb364.jpg

It's a HurriLightningSpitPod.

There's no vertical stabs and I can see absolutely no reason to stick the cockpit up the back, no reason for twin tailbooms given the engine position, and imagine the loads on the boom and tailplane. It's a fake.

Quite a quirky concept that Peter,. . . . think I've seen it before at a model club. . . didn't see it aviate though. .

Just think, if they put the front engine at the back, and the pod at the front, and then added another engine on the front of that. . .BINGO. . .you've got Bat 21. . .the ubiquitous Cessna 337 "Push-me-pull-you. . . . . ."

( BTW,. . .don't be too hard on Marty,. . . he can get a bit shirty if you tell him to bugger off the forum and go and do some more cleco riveting on the soon to be flying mobile skip in the back shed. . . he's a nice guy really.. . .) 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

• Haha 1

Er.... that's a woman, not a plane.Mabel? Fanny? If her ID card was a bit clearer I wouldn't have to guess.

SHE'S A FAKE ! ! ! ! I know it's not an HD picture,. . .but she's a Ginger,. . .and that ID card definitely shows her with BLACK HAIR ! ! ! ! ! !

Phil, you may get into trouble with the fairer sex if you accuse them of being fakes, just because the carpet don't match the curtains!

Got to be careful with I/D cards mate.

My mate Fireman Bill ( we call him that as he used to was a fireman ) who re-positions HGV tractors around the country as their leases run out. . . .went to collect a vehicle from a secret base in the UK, called BAE WARTON, near Blackpool,. . . . If you Google Blackpool Airport, it's just 5.47 NM away on a bearing of 106.57 Degrees.

They build eurofighter typhoons or parts thereof there, and it's uttelrly secret, locally known as "Area 51 and a half. . . "

Anyway, he had his photo taken at the security office along with a few other visitors, and was given a card to pin to his jacket.

When he got to the pickup point, an official said, "that photo doesn't look much like you mate,." . . the Security office had given him a card with picture of a nice lady wearing spectacles, and he hadn't checked. . . . . .

And people ask us why our border controls are a little bit lax. . . . . .?

• Haha 1

What about this one?[ATTACH=full]37627[/ATTACH]

No Idea, But I'll buy tickets for watching the RAA Tech Office open the regn application for it

But IIRC its got the logo of the woman with the fork that belongs to the pancake place Lovely Pancakes so maybe its an hallucination after 1 too many crepe suzzette??