Sign in to follow this  
tillmanr

Temora heaven ending?

Can someone confirm that Temora council is introducing landing fees for visitors as well as slugging airpark residents a levy? Paradise lost.

Hi, I was looking to purchase land at temora.  I spoke with council re fees .  The ‘boss’ guy said they won’t be charging landing fees as they are keen to encourage pilots.  They were looking at doing a $500 per year for property owners to assist in the airport precinct.  That was about 2 months ago when I was there.   We didn’t go ahead and buy as we have now pretty much settled on narromine.  Things may of changed in two months.

I have a block there (currently for sale...)and got the letter about the residents levy. Personally, I objected to it in an email to council, as I believe the airport is council owned and should be funded by council - the same as Lake Centenary is and the skate park etc etc. IIRC, the levy for my lock would be $400/year, though the rates are quite reasonable as compared to Sydney prices, so it does kinda balance out. I don't recall them charging a landing fee for light aircraft, but I'd have to check to confirm, I'm interstate for work at the moment.

To clarify, Temora Council management and councillors have been very approachable and have deferred any decision for a thorough consultation process and review of financials. I doubt any changes other than making the rates at the airport the same as those in town. This was an oversight and something I certainly did not realise was the case. 

The council has always been supportive of the airport and very easy to get on with. Suspect this was a poorly thought out plan of some staff and now the councillors are aware it will go away.

• Agree 1