Brumby Aircraft review in this month's Australian Aviation Mag

Guest Brett Campany

Guest Brett Campany

What a great read and even better, what a great aircraft!! I'm hanging out to take one of these for a fly. It looks great and from the read up, is a sweet plane to fly.

Anyone here had the pleasure yet? I'd love to know what you think.

I'm currently looking for any Brumby owners in WA so I can check one out close up!

Guest davidburge

Went up to Cowra a few weeks ago and had a fly of the Brumby over two days, first day was late afternoon with storms and rain brewing, next day was still and sunny and the plane on both days with different conditions was fantastic to fly. I hadn't flown a nose wheel for a long time but two or three circuits and it all happened. These guys are on a winner with this plane, do yourself a favour and make the effort to go and have a fly.:thumb_up:

Guest Maj Millard

Haven't seen a Brumby in the flesh yet, but I have to say I am impressed with some of the new Aussie designs on the market recently.We no doubt have the skills here to build really nice reliable and capable aircraft.....................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I have seen a few in the flesh, but not flown one. They look like a good, honest a/c, for those that prefer low wing, and deserve to sell well. Anyone that makes this sort of investment in Australian aviation (with such a small market) should be supported.

Guest Maj Millard

Here' here' Bushpilot................................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Hi All,

I had the pleasure of writing the Australian Aviation AirTest on the Brumby, so thanks for the feedback! I'm glad that you enjoyed the article.

It really is a tremendous little aeroplane and would be equally at home in the role of trainer, tourer or local runabout. Furthermore, as you've pointed out, this is a quality Australian venture and should be encouraged accordingly.

Brumby Aircraft Australia

Cheers

Owen

It should be good Bill Whitney had a hand in the design. He also had a hand in the design of the Lightwing, so that hints that it may be a sturdy, honest aeroplane.

• 2 months later...
Guest russ.mullins

Graeat plane and builders

When I was plane hunting about 12 months ago I had the pleasure of flying the brumby. It was absolutely fantastic, unfortunately outside my budget but definitely value for money. I was absolutely amazed by the professionalism and dedication to aeronautical engineering from the guys at Cowra. They are professional aircraft engineers who have developed a great performing, comfortable safe plane. If I had the budget, I would look no further than a brumby

All, We own the aircraft that the reviewer flew and yes it is a fantastic aircraft. We were based in Mt Isa when we first bought, so wanted something that had range, speed and could be parked out. We have not been disappointed on any count and the service out of PG has been great. Probably the best testominal to the aircraft is that my wife who was not a very willing or happy flyer is now learning to fly the Brumby !!!!

Guest Maj Millard

It is rare that an aircraft is designed with ease of maintenance in mind from the start. Only professional maintainers and some owners know how hard it can be to maintain something that has not been designed or manufactured, with maintenance in mind.

This can impact on how well the aircraft is percieved by the buying public, and ultimatly how well the aircraft handles it's in-service life.

There are plenty of glaring examples out there of really poor design, I hope the Brumby, having been designed by working engineers is not another one, and I don't think it will be. I have believed for years that we have the skill and brains to build really good aircraft in this country.

.....................................................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I've had a few flies in one.

SCHMICK planes.

My twin brother has one.

AND! (No lies) if you are talking about the mag I think you are, that is HIS plane!

He has a bigger copy of the piccie.

I am over this discussion, your brothers aircraft was on the front cover of Aviation Trader, our aircraft was used for the Australian Aviation magazine flight test. Again maybe you should read the article. As I said in the earlier post a great aircraft !!!!!

Bumby08, don't be put off by frivolous nonsense, Flying Dog will eventually lift his leg on an electric fence.

Keep the interesting information coming, we should be supporting local design.