Greetings from the US--Jabiru 250 driver

TFSmoak

Hi to all. I'm a 35 year pilot having owned several aircraft types, including a "fling wing". Operating out of my own field on our Ranch, we used an aging C150/160HP for 12 years until choosing a Jabiru J250-SP in Feb of this year. I'm not a blogger, and normally only seek wisdom, but I just made the second emergency of my life when the female side of my passenger belt fell into the open area behind the center console, firmly jamming the bell crank, and preventing any right aileron turns, and barely allowing straight flight. Anyone that's ever tried this can relate-----thank God for a large Ex-Mil field nearby.

This made me fully aware there is no guard to protect the bell crank from any loose object---like your small GPS or flashlight. Anyone else ever deal with this? Look for at least a Jabiru warning notice very soon. Any news on differential brakes or slotted flaps? Safe flying to all: Tim

Hi to all. I'm a 35 year pilot having owned several aircraft types, including a "fling wing". Operating out of my own field on our Ranch, we used an aging C150/160HP for 12 years until choosing a Jabiru J250-SP in Feb of this year. I'm not a blogger, and normally only seek wisdom, but I just made the second emergency of my life when the female side of my passenger belt fell into the open area behind the center console, firmly jamming the bell crank, and preventing any right aileron turns, and barely allowing straight flight. Anyone that's ever tried this can relate-----thank God for a large Ex-Mil field nearby.This made me fully aware there is no guard to protect the bell crank from any loose object---like your small GPS or flashlight. Anyone else ever deal with this? Look for at least a Jabiru warning notice very soon. Any news on differential brakes or slotted flaps? Safe flying to all: Tim

Tim,

There is an AD or an AN that covers this and jabiru have a cover available for the rear of the arm rest that prevents exactly what you are mentioning.

It was issued about 12 - 18 months ago and you will find it on the Jabiru website.

Let me know if you can't locate it and I'll dig out the number for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards Geoff

In follow up, thanks to Geoff---It's on the Jab LLC web site, but amazingly doesn't cover the J250 as a mandatory AD. Issued in March 2008, it's JSB 020-1. All drivers be aware---this one will kill you---Please update you bird! Tim

In follow up, thanks to Geoff---It's on the Jab LLC web site, but amazingly doesn't cover the J250 as a mandatory AD. Issued in March 2008, it's JSB 020-1. All drivers be aware---this one will kill you---Please update you bird! Tim

That's it Tim.

I just located it again this arvo, before I realised that you already had it.

I contacted Jabiru when that came out and they immediately sent the part thru for my 230 so I assume they will do the same for you.

Let us know how you go.

Regards Geoff