Rec Fly Flyin 09 - It's on - sept 18 - 20

Captain

The Fly-In for all forum members that wish to participate will be on Sept 18 -20 in Cowra NSW.

Ian and I have spoken with the SAAA and we are welcome to be part of their annual Event.

Some key points are:

• Check the SAAA website for fees using the link below

• underwing camping (without cooking or open flames)

• or adjacent camping area where fires & cooking are permitted (@ a $7.00 charge),

• catering by Cowra CWA and Rotary,

• free access to SAAA Exhibits and Workshops,

• some formal Training Courses and Workshops available at extra cost (see details in link below)

• Brumby Aircraft Factory Tour,

• Hopefully separate parking for Forum members' aircraft,

• aerobatics and other displays on the Friday & Saturday,

• great strip in good central location for most forum members.

• hopefully a forum member's BBQ on the Saturday evening.

• participation in the judging, if you wish, for best RAA aircraft

This is the chance for you to meet other Forum members, have fun and talk + live Recreational Flying for 3 days or more.

Watch for a further more detailed announcement soon.

BUT SEE http://www.saaa.com/EToC/main.php FOR DETAILS OF ALL THAT THE SAAA EVENT HAS TO OFFER

Guest JRMobile

The chancellor of the exchequer has given the nod, now all I have to do is check the roster at work.

PS. The "Brumby Aircraft Factory Tour" sounds interesting.

JR

Mmm would be awesome to do...! A bit over 425nm one way... say five hours there, fives hours back, considering all went well! over ten hours... mmm would be costly wouldn't it!? for me to hire an aircraft for that time that is................!:ah_oh:

But we'll see what I can do, but I would love to come! so fingers crossed :thumb_up:

All, We are now resident in Cowra, so if we have the doors on the hangar by then we will throw them open and all are welcome to drop by and put some names and faces together.

Tony.

All, We are now resident in Cowra, so if we have the doors on the hangar by then we will throw them open and all are welcome to drop by and put some names and faces together.Tony.

Tony,

Your message might be a god-send.

Is there any chance you can get your hands on an old or new 44 gallon (200 litre to some of you young blokes) drum, with holes in it, that we can use as a fire/brazier on Friday and saturday nights for Forum Members to sit around and tell their stories in the camping area by the field?

Regards Geoff

Geoff, You might want to check that fires will be allowed in the camping area ?Regards, Tony.

Thanks Tony,

I spoke with them a couple of weeks ago.

Fires & cooking are permitted in the camping area, but not in the aircraft parking area if owners are camping under their wings.

So if you can borrow a 44 locally it will give forum members somewhere to hang out each evening.

Hope you can help as it knocks my C of G around with a 44 in the back of my 230.

I am really looking forward to seeing the Brumby factory and hopefully having a test flight that weekend.

Regards & thanks

Geoff

Geoff, You might want to check that fires will be allowed in the camping area ?Regards, Tony.

Be very careful where you put it. Make sure you have lights near the aircraft, so the NES escapees can't carry out their plans.

Im in weather depending cant fit any camping gear in with me + mate and 100 lt fuel can any one reccomend reasonablr motel within walking distance.Dave

Dave,

I think I recall that the SAAA site (link below) mentioned that they will operate a bus to/from town. It might be worth a phonecall to check, just in case.

Hope this helps.

Regards Geoff

Guys, The Country Gardens is excellent, we always stayed there prior to moving down, but may already be booked so you probably need to book sooner rather than later, not sure about the bus !

Best Regards, Tony.

Driving there

I,m planning to drive up.016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

Anyone from Eastern Melbourne (TDN,LIL,CEM??) or on the route there who are flying up & would like to off load some luggage, PM me to see if it can work out.032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif

Leaving 17th, back either the Sun or Mon.

Cheers

H

I just noticed you said you'd be there Nev. Fantastic. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Anyone else coming who hasn't said so yet? It would be great to see as many forumites there as possible. More faces to names. I have it on good authority that the weather will be fantastic.

Also, there will be peace on earth.

See the new link on the SAAA website for their non-members at:

http://www.saaa.com/EToC/Cowra_nonmember_info.pdf

And the updated Event Schedule for the weekend at:

Escape to Cowra - An SAAA Event!

Note the Brumby factory tour at 2 pm on the Saturday.

The 1st link mentions a cost of $15 for the weekend for non-members and that will allow you to attend all of their events except those couple of technical training courses where a separate fee applies.

I spoke with the SAAA's Brian Hunter last night and they are looking forward to hosting those of us that come along.

If you look at what is on and the fact that Forum members can meet together as well, this is well worth the trip, I reckon.

Please advise here if you intend to be there so that I can give the SAAA an indication of numbers for catering.

If you will be flying in, please note again that there will be aerobatic displays over the field at times during the Friday and Saturday, so listen for radio advice and be prepared to hold away from the strip for a short time, if necessary.

AvGas will be available from a mobile tanker that will come to your parking position. For MoGas, see the organisers on arrival as separate arrangements will be needed.

Regards Geoff

Wanabethere but...

I really would like to be there - it's so close to Tumut. Unfortunately work requires me to be on a research vessel off Darwin. I won't even be able to look at the Internet to read your posts till I get back. I hope you have a good fire to stand around and have a good time.

Jack 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif051_crying.gif.edc6b33a234e272ee13f0ec0ae40b12a.gif