New E.E. Lightning

Well it is English 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gifit is Electric 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

it is a Lightning 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

And I want one.......Welcome to Lightning Car Company - The UK's Premier Electric Sports Car

Take a look at those specs, amazing....if true

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but there you go....

Interesting Doug:thumb_up:

What a great looking car.

With one of those you could have so much fun thumbing your nose at all in the Tuesday que, as you drive past the local Caltex.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Rgds

Planey

Deskpilot....interesting tech in that car...could this be the beginnings of a powerful quick charging battery for that aviation use...very heavy at the moment but as power density increases (think that is the correct term) weights come down...I like the 3 phase charge in about ten minutes...time for a cuppa, walk around , shake hands... and be off again for another three hours.

wonder how long before we see hybrids in light weight applications.

"programable external engine sound generator"? vroooom vrooommmm .make it sound like a merlin

remember this is all first generation stuff. it's goona get better

"programable external engine sound generator"? vroooom vrooommmm .make it sound like a merlin

I was surprised when I first heard of sound generators for electric cars, but the idea is that they are so quiet that they can't be heard. One of my pet peevec is the amount of noise pollution we have to put up with, but I can see the need for something here, although I was brought up in an area where trolley buses ran and can't remember anyone being hit by one of them. Maybe it is a bit like the radio problem.

" although I was brought up in an area where trolley buses ran and can't remember anyone being hit by one of them.

Me too, and I always thought of you as a young bloke:rilla:(like me) posssibly from the same neck of the woods:thumb_up:.

However, I had the advantage of bits of cornflake packets fixed to my bicycle forks with clothes-pegs, which flapped in the spokes to make it sound like a motorbike, so they knew where I was 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Could it possibly have been the 630 trolley bus from Croydon to Mitcham by any chance:question:

Kind regards

Alan

When i worked on Long Island they had electric vehicles running all over the place. Plenty of people, myself included, walked straight out in front of them. It is their only fault they are swift, almost silent and deadly.

there were no cars or 'roads' for that matter on that island. mind you once you had a near miss with one you tended to look first. most of the guests who got cleaned up were drunk.

Yes, surprising how many Australians are badly injured in the US also just after they arrive. They look right, then step out and splat!

This will be a problem with cars - I was in japan earlier this year and the hybrids are really growing in number - beautiful smooth takeoff and very quiet. The'll be particularly dangerous on City corners where a lot of pedestrians rely on the sound.

The main street in Airlie beach has no pedestrian crossings. so peopple just cross where ever. plenty of Americans and europeans get cleaned up. the locals tended to become aware of the problem and looked out for them especially at drinking time.

i found i had to be careful when i am in Italy, not only to look more carefully but they do tend to come at you from every direction and they do not stop at pedestrian crossings either. severa times had to bolt back to safety.

Have been to the USA, so can appreciate what you're saying about road traffic and looking the wrong way.

But, let get 099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif

The most exciting thing about this electric car is it's battery and by saying that I'm not putting the rest of the car down.

Until now, battery technology has hindered electric vehicle innovation. In 2000, US company Altairnano Inc. established a research programme to create an ultra safe, high power battery using cutting-edge Nanotechnology. The result of their hard work is the NanoSafe™ battery.

SAFER - NanoSafe™ batteries use nano titanate materials instead of graphite which makes them far more thermally stable - there are no toxics or heavy metals used in NanoSafe™ batteries.

LONGER-LASTING - NanoSafe™ batteries have a life expectancy of 12+ years, versus the 3-5 year usable life of other batteries. NanoSafe™ can retain up to 85% charge capacity after 15,000 charges.

FASTER CHARGE - NanoSafe™ batteries can be recharged in approximately 10 minutes, rather than the hours required by many other rechargeable batteries.

MORE POWERFUL - With instantaneous power even at extreme temperatures, NanoSafe™ batteries deliver power per unit weight and unit volume several times that of conventional Lithium-Ion batteries.

Power density claims are there, but no mention of energy-density compared to LiFePO4 batteries. . . 060_popcorn.gif.cda9a479d23ee038be1a27e83eb99342.gif

I like the electronic engine sound option.

I would make it like a hourse walking along.

"Clip clop. Clip clop."

WRT looking before stepping off the curb:

Yes it is a good habbit to develop.

However there are factors which overlye the workings.

You are taught to look when you are a kid and it works. Probably because you are constantly told to do so.

As you get older, you learn to associate the noise of an oncoming car with the need to look.

So over time you listen as well. Then as you become more "proficient" at doing it, you don't step off if you hear an engine. If you do, you turn, look and determin your actions.

As "we" have grown up in a society where the cars are noisy, not hearing anything negates us looking as we hear nothing.

Try going to a foriegn country where they drive on the wrong side of the road.

You look before stepping off the curb, but you are looking the WRONG WAY - so really it doesn't account for much.

It is not an easy thing to resolove and can only be really addressed when there are more "silent cars" on the roads.

The most exciting thing about this electric car is it's battery and by saying that I'm not putting the rest of the car down.

That's the holy grail alright, we can design the rest of the vehicle around it, but after several announcements of battery breakthroughs for 20 years, we still don't seem to be quite there.

The three bugbears seem to be service life (plenty of batteries around that need replacing at 3 years = $2000 < $4000), weight (too heavy or too bulky, Range (plenty around with short range, not too many for 2+ hour traffic cruising).

You can lease a Honda fuel cell Civic in California right now, but the simplicity of an overnight plug in would be better.

No one's going to be disappointed about the performance of electric vehicles, that's for sure. I drove an electric truck in Japan and the push in the back was like a 5 litre V8 - a massive change from the sedate diesel take off.

Guest Qwerty

I saw an EE Lightning sitting in a paddock with aheap of other a/c in the UK one day. I stopped and knocked on the door of the house and asked if I could have a look at the a/c. The guy spent an hour with me and talked his head off. I had a sit in the Lightning and also a sabre and three or four others. All this was just in this guy's paddock. I suspect that he may be more obsessed with aviation that me.