question-Aircraft suitable for enclosed trailers

dazza 38

Hi All, I am compiling a list of Aircraft that are easily transported in a enclosed trailer AND easily set up ready to fly.As a alternative to hangarage, (we all know how their is a shortage of hangars).

My list so Far-

Skyfox Gazzelle

Eurofox

Icon A5 (if it gets off the ground ie-production starting -although it looks very expensive)

savage cub -it has foldable wings but the web sites do not show how easy they fold etc.

Carbon sting - michaels web site says the wing are easily removed and installed.

Comet bi-plane from germany

ANY MORE ?

Enclosed trailers - Nice look Aircraft trailers are sold in the States (google), but I think any trailer manufacture could built a nice trailer.

Any advice advantages/disadvatages of trailering would be appreciated CHEERS:smoking:

Guest Qwerty

Skyfox (tail wheel)

Howie will do a foldable Lightwing if you ask him.

Trikes are all foldable and lots of fun even if they are a bit slow for extended xcoutry.

Thanks Guys, Keep them coming. I wonder what insurance issues might arise, with trailer getting stolen, towing accidents etc. Also enclosed trailers long slab sided things they are would probably sway a bit whilst being towed. It would be good to be able to carry out maintence at home etc with a aircraft parked at home in a trailer.I sway towards an enclosed hangar due to security and weather protection issues. Cheers

just about all the old grass roots stuff was trailerable.. Scout went on the car roof, Thruster left the factory on a trailer. Lazair lives in a trailer and sets up in <thirty minutes.

• 4 years later...

Most of the folding wing types are that way for storage and maybe not robust enough to trailer. I would rather remove the wings and store them appropriately in supports. Cables etc can chafe when the craft is trailered and not tensioned.. Nev

Guest Nobody
Most of the folding wing types are that way for storage and maybe not robust enough to trailer. I would rather remove the wings and store them appropriately in supports. Cables etc can chafe when the craft is trailered and not tensioned.. Nev

like this?

Bit of an old thread but old isn't always bad now is it:no:

The Hornet after mine was a folding wing version that went on a trailer but I must admit I didn't study the mechanism closely. Folding wing has never appealed to me for two main reasons

1. I don't trust myself to remember bolting wings (probably never get it wrong but it's the thought of it)

2. I'm incredibly lucky to be able to fly from home so trailer isn't 'essential'.

I can see the benefits though and some setups are quiet ingenious (a look at Old Koreelah's trailer setup is well worth the two hours of commentary that you get:sleep:085_blah_blah.gif.5dd1f55e9e017c1ed039995789e61c55.gif) 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif097_peep_wall.gif.dcfd1acb5887de1394272f1b8f0811df.gif

We have a Karasport in an enclosed trailer (search Karasport - there are posts with photos). Basically the wings and struts are removed. Takes two people, but one could do it with supports.

Our other is the RANS Courier S7 with wings that swivel & fold back. Needs two people as the jury strut has to be undone and the end of the wing has to be supported while doing so. You might be able to get away with some ingenious supports for a one person operation.

The other one we were looking at building (after we get all the other projects done) is the Sherwood Ranger. Its a bi-plane with folding wings, manufactured by The Light Aircraft Company UK and available as a kit. http://www.g-tlac.com