Part built Sonex anyone?

Chris Willars

I just wondered if all you Sonex fans out there knew of anyone who may wish to sell a part completed Sonex. Just looking for a leg up in the building process as time is a bit short.

Not looking for a finished one unless I can get a repairman's cert for the plane?

Where is the best place to source aluminium for building too?

Happy and safe flying everyone

Chris

• 3 years later...

Hi Chris. My Sonex is for sale. It is flying and has the test hours flown off. I know you wanted to build one yourself but mine has some cosmetic work to complete. I am not happy with the paint, it's been put on saparingly. The upholstry is denim which may be good for durabilty but I would also improve this a bit. It has a 2180 Great Plains engine with injector carb. Upgraded stub axles and a comprehensive instrument layout. I imported it from US and it has been rebuilt by a L2 to a very high standard. It is hangared at his property in The Riverina. He has listed everything comprehensively in the log book. It is mechanicaly 100% and the cosmetics could keep you amused for as long as you wished. It is sensibly priced but open to reasonable offers. Health forces sale. Buying completed will save you probably 5 years. Five years you could be enjoying flying it. Bob. 02 6955 2655 for photo's.

Mine has wings done, tail, control surfaces and fuselage box section near done. I also have all the avionics and electrics in a box. Give me a PM if your interested as I am in the process of relocating and a half built project is proving a real pain :(

Thanks for the replies, I suppose 3 yrs isn't too long to wait?poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif I have since relocated to the UK so a Sonex is waayyyy down my list. Am now rebuilding a Sonerai II. Good luck with interest in your projects. I hope you get the sale you want. Hope the weather is better with you than over here.

Guest Howard Hughes

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

If either of you are willing to put a price on your work, you may very well get an offer or two!