Lightwing

Guest nathangillies

Guest nathangillies

Gday all,

I am relativly new to flying (15hrs) and about to start my navs.

I am looking to buy a plane in the next 6 months but am undecided what to get, the options that keep coming up are the lightwing, aeropup and X-air.

Can anyone help me to make my decision with there experience and maybe some specs.

The lightwing will probably have a 582.

Cheers Nathan

Gday Nathan

I learned to fly in a 582 Lightwing, as a result I think that they are probably the best a/c in that class, I'd happily own one. A mate has a kitfox (582) that he could possibly be persuaded to part with if you were interested and these are also good performers in the same class.

I would encourage you to consider a 912 Lightwing, specifically, I would encourage you to consider my 912 Lightwing which is for sale. :thumb_up: The 912 Lightwing is a bit heavier and more capable xcountry than 582 powered a/c but it depends on what you want to do with you flying.

Cheers Qwerty

Guest nathangillies

Thanks qwerty,

Havnt done much reading about the kitfox, but I will now.

I keep bringing your plane up on the web and dreaming !!!

Most of my flying will be around the Flinders ranges in SA as my inlaws has a large property around Hawker, around a 1 hr flight from Roxby.

The Lightwing is the toughest aircraft made by a country mile. I suppose I should qualify that....toughest civilian aircraft... I am very impressed with them from the point of view as owner, maintainer and also from a structural point of view.

If a lightwing was involved in a head-on with a Mack truck is would be debatable which would sustain the most damage.:ne_nau:

Guest Maj Millard

Hey Querty, I love my Lightwing and I agree they are tough....but a Mack truck...I don't think so !!.......how about you try it in your Jab ?.....................................................................:black_eye: 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

Gday all,I am relativly new to flying (15hrs) and about to start my navs.

I am looking to buy a plane in the next 6 months but am undecided what to get, the options that keep coming up are the lightwing, aeropup and X-air.

Can anyone help me to make my decision with there experience and maybe some specs.

The lightwing will probably have a 582.

Cheers Nathan

It would be best to go for a fly in a Lightwing before you decide as tail wheelers are very different to Tecnams.