Great Eastrern Fly-in Evans Head

Scottw

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there, trusty Canon at the ready. Sadly x-country endorsement won't be done in time so unless I can find a ride, it's the company tractor.

I take it Saturday's the day?

Cheers Carl

Guest Nelson Smith
Just wondering who maybe considering attending the Great Eastern with only just a week to go to the event.Regards

Scott

Hi Scott,

2 Jabs, 1 Corby, 3 RV's and 1 T18 are flying to Evans Head from Latrobe Valley.We are returning home via the East Coast (Victor 1) so it will be a great trip.

Cheers

Nelson

Hi FD

Willy is usually deactivated weekends

If you phone 02 40346920 you get a recorded message of current status and weather.

Drop in to Maitland for a half ways stop and say hi, let me know your eta if it's on the agenda.

Thanks, but I am going up on Thursday. :(

Shall call then anyway.

P.M. me your phone number and I shall call you before I leave YWOL and if I am going up via the lane - which I probably am - I can stop in and say hello.

Hi FD

PM sent

You could also go the coast route around Williamtown but you need to get clearance from Willy when at Newcastle to proceed.

Its at 500ft, water side of the coast.

Inland lane doesn't require clearance

Guest Andys@coffs
Hi FDPM sent

You could also go the coast route around Williamtown but you need to get clearance from Willy when at Newcastle to proceed.

Its at 500ft, water side of the coast.

Inland lane doesn't require clearance

If I read the VNC correctly that is because the inland lane is OCTA and the coastal lane is still in CTA. If Im right only those with PPL and CTA access should be using the coastal route... or have I missed something?

Andy

The VNC says the LL for Class E is 8500 for the length of the coastal route.

So this is a route through Williamtown Mil CTR Restricted areas - not CTA.

I'm fairly sure no Xpndr is required, and I've done it quite a few times and been willing to get clearance and do the route. It's never been activated when I've gone through though (weekends every time), so I haven't had to.

Has anyone done it while activated without a transponder? I'm sure I've spoken to people who have. You just tell Willy Clearance Delivery (130.35) "nil transponder".

Should be right.

I'll let you know..haven't finalised anything yet, and Harthy is interested in coming as well.

Cool! Will you go for just the day? If it works out...