Weird happenings with twin engine throttle.

flying dog

Folks,

I don't really like "dumping" the problems here, but I have little where else to turn.

I have a pretty good machine (2.6 gig) and a pretty good gfx card, so I don't want to spend "good money after bad" on a new one to do FSX.

Problem:

I have a registered copy of FSUPIC and am not sure if this is part of the problem.

Flying a twin aero commander I have a GoFlight throttle and the settings are done via FSUPIC rather than FS, as FSUIPC has "Plane specific" settings.

Anyway, I have the throttle/pitch and mixture working.

A somewhat weird takeoff but establish autopilot so leave well enough alone until getting close to the destination airport.

Disengage autopilot and start to turn.

Ailerons change engine 1's throttle. Elevators change engine 2's throttle.

Not really possible to land. Flight aborted.

Sat there for a long time trying to get rid of the conflict, but can't seem to as I can't see a bigger picutre of who is controlling what.

FSUIPC's "gui" is dismal and Goflight's software is (NOW) pathetic as it doesn't support all their stuff and if it does, it is only for FSX.

FS9's software has huge holes in which units it supoorts and so there is no clear "best". I am using one which I do know works.

The only "difference" has been I now have a SAITEK joystick as the M$ one is no longer supported by windoze - go figure.

Also the "throttle" leaver on the Joystick is ALSO the throttle for BOTH engines.

I've check the assignments in FS and they are NOT set, so I can only conclude that FSUIPC is doing it, but I can't seem to get the association removed.

Anyone?