new girl in town

flightygirl

Hi all,

just joined up. Learning to fly in a Jabiru 170 and Tecnam when its working. Hoping to buy my own Jabiru, but am slowly being talked into a Savannah. like the idea of being able to land and takeoff just about anywhere. but its not as pretty as a Jab!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Decca

Hi Flightygirl, welcome to our forums.

Nothing wrong with any of those aircraft, even looks can be deceiving. HaHa I'll take what you don't want.

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

G'day flighty Girl... I'm a guessing your Rob's copilot.....? :thumb_up: :big_grin:

Welcome along, and as Rob could testify, this place is pretty cool!:thumb_up:

Hi FlightyGirl,

Good to have some more female pilots in this male-dominated area! I'm sure the Savannah would be great - maybe you could enhance it somewhat with a good paint job. But which plane is probably a decision to make a while down the track when you have more hours under your belt.

Keep us posted!

Cheers

Neil

Hiya FlightyGirl, good to have another girl on board :thumb_up:You said that The Cheetah wasn't atttractive? That was brave! :stirring pot: (teehee)

good to hear from a fellow flying girl! im still training... up to circuits. but loving every minute!

Welcome flightyGirl, just to throw a spanner in the works, the Savage Cub is a nice looking plane and can land almost anywhere.

will check one out.. thanks. its all about the aesthetics! bugger the flying capability! i am a girl after all!

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi Flying girl,

I have to add my two cents worth for all it's worth. The Jab is great - the motor also works most of the time - The Savannah - or should I say the 912 Rotax series engine work all the time. It's about piece of mind.

Since You want something beautiful I suggest you take a serious look at the IBIS 700 . There are two at Gympie and they are stunning !! have a Rotax 912S and - according to Russell are as capable as the Savannah plus they cruise at 100 knots. They cost a little more than the Jab 170 but Beauty doesn't come cheap - as girls know . The looks on the Savvy will grow on you though

and a good paint job will make the "sow's ear look a little like a silk purse " it really does make a difference.!

Assuming you're buying new the cost is approx: $80000 - Jab 170 // $83000 - with no options - Savannah XL . This is finished and fly away or $65000 kit - //or $ 95000 IBIS fully optioned with "six pack" radio , leather interior.

Hope this can be of some help.

fly safe

Walter

Hi all. thanks so much for the warm welcome. Good news! i have decided that the aircraft i want to buy is a Savannah! whilst i think it is boxy and a little ugly, i can appreciate its versatility and hardiness. Also... it is the only one i can afford aside from a Jabiru! Second bit of good news... i did two hours of circuits today and on my second last touch and go landed all by myself!! was an awesome feeling though i think more of a fluke than anything else. i also managed to embarrassingly say wunway won won wight today... im sure tower had a good laugh! so much fun!

. i also managed to embarrassingly say wunway won won wight today...

I've done that too, said 'wunway one eight' and I could see my instructor look sideways at me just after I said it, prolly thinking :raise_eyebrow:i_dunno

OK Flightygirl,

I will say this. I love the fact that that the Jabby is an Australian success story. NOTHING is made here any more so we should support our own.

But......... the 912 rarely puts anyone into a hospital, the Savvy lands 20 knots slower (do the maths on landing in scary country and the all metal airframe is a joy.

Your choice but until Mr S listens to a few old SAE engineers about robustness I will not be flying over the Great Divide in anything but a 912.

Happy to talk the matter over in more detail.

Regards,

Mark D

OK Flightygirl,I will say this. I love the fact that that the Jabby is an Australian success story. NOTHING is made here any more so we should support our own.

But......... the 912 rarely puts anyone into a hospital, the Savvy lands 20 knots slower (do the maths on landing in scary country and the all metal airframe is a joy.

Your choice but until Mr S listens to a few old SAE engineers about robustness I will not be flying over the Great Divide in anything but a 912.

Happy to talk the matter over in more detail.

Regards,

Mark D

Hi MArk... im looking for a Savannah with a 912... so hopefully all will be good. i agree that it would be good to support Jab is it is Ozzie... but think the Savannah will be more suitable for plan to fly to Uluru and other remote areas.

Hi Flightygirl

Welcome to Rec Aviation.

The Savannah is a great plane - I am on my second, which is for sale as I need a factory built to go training in. Guess what - it will be a Savannah. Have a look under "Pilot Supplies" then "Aircraft (Recreational)". Might be just what you want.

Cheers

Bill

Guest Howard Hughes
but think the Savannah will be more suitable for plan to fly to Uluru and other remote areas.

By the time you get there in the Savannah, the Jab pilots would already have seen the rock, tied down their aircraft and be enjoying a cold beverage at sails... 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif