new girl in town

flightygirl

By the time you get there in the Savannah, the Jab pilots would already have poured the oil from their catch can back into their engine, spent three quarters of an hour adjusting their mechanical tappets, re torqued their cylinder bolts, wiped down the oil from their fuselage, seen the rock, tied down their aircraft and be enjoying a cold beverage at sails... 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I'm sure things will improve, given enough time.

(Just added the things you forgot Howie:laugh:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the time you get there in the Savannah, the Jab pilots would already have seen the rock, tied down their aircraft and be enjoying a cold beverage at sails... 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

hahaha... i have no doubt! im sure the wine will still be chilled when i get there keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Guest Kevin the Penniless

Get a Jabiru. You can fill her up, get two people on board with baggage and fly half way across Australia without refuelling. I own a Jabiru J170 and have no regrets.

Get a Jabiru. You can fill her up, get two people on board with baggage and fly half way across Australia without refuelling. I own a Jabiru J170 and have no regrets.

i would love a J170 but cant afford it. im learning in a J170 now. its all about the cash!

Dont forget the reaching part, sort of rules out all jabirus...

oh, and you might like to comment on this i found...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdzjc9-Hlxc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdzjc9-Hlxc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Guest Escadrille

Hi Flighty girl You can buy a very good Jabiru SP (sorta pre J120)for around 40+ K. Check the Ads , they are great aircraft..

Hi Flightygirl.

I fly out of Wollongong in a 160. I am only RAA.

I am not sure when I shall next be flying, but if you are interested, I have a PAX endorsement.

Anyway, I'd better stop there before I dig myself into a hole.

Hi Flightygirl.I fly out of Wollongong in a 160. I am only RAA.

I am not sure when I shall next be flying, but if you are interested, I have a PAX endorsement.

Hi flyingdog!

what do you mean ONLY RAA? i am also ONLY RAA... and thats fine by me!

im hoping to keep my aircraft in wollongong... maybe i'll see you in the circuit!:thumb_up:

Hi Flightygirl.I fly out of Wollongong in a 160. I am only RAA.

"What Rot"

The kind fellah is simply trying to help you, but possibly feels embarrassed knowing what others around here might say. He! He!:big_grin: and we have common interests afterall.

I'd say "go for it", and I too have a daughter, but i'm sure he's genuine.

Good luck, marriages are not necessarily made in in heaven:heart:, but possibly Jabiru's 114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

Kindest Regards

Planey

hey there! not bad for my very first landing without any assistance! what do we all think? do i pass? can i have my licence now?

The first time I made a good landing, my instructor said, "three more like that, and you'll be solo!"..... well it took a bit more to find three more like that for me!! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Hi flyingdog!what do you mean ONLY RAA? i am also ONLY RAA... and thats fine by me!

im hoping to keep my aircraft in wollongong... maybe i'll see you in the circuit!:thumb_up:

Well if you are RAA, I am confused to how you are flying out of Bankstown airport.

Just asking.

Well if you are RAA, I am confused to how you are flying out of Bankstown airport.Just asking.

i have no idea... but it must be ok as i do it every weekend. Sydney Jab flying school is based there. im sure someone on here will be able to answer that. all i know is that i just can. :thumb_up:

The first time I made a good landing, my instructor said, "three more like that, and you'll be solo!"..... well it took a bit more to find three more like that for me!! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

i totally get that tomo! i think i fluked the first one anyway... so have no real idea how i did it! but shhh... dont tell anyone! hahaha