new girl in town

flightygirl

well.... im all ready for four hours of circuits this weekend. any words of wisdom in regards to getting the landing would be appreciated. apart from "look to the end of the runway or further"! i get it! i get it! (but my brain wont let my eyes not look at the runway fast approaching me head on.... all in good time.)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kevin the Penniless

Well, let's see, don't forget downwind checks, watch your speeds, good lookout, nice square circuit, compensate for wind....

Have fun kiddo. Looks like rain in my area...

Know this feeling well. Equally unhelpful is the one that one day you'll just get it and then you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. It's true but still not very helpful.Anyhow, here is the wisdom of the ages:

There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing.

Unfortunately no one knows what they are . . .

A real one for me was glance out the side window to get a better feeling for how close you are to the ground. Still helps me. But then look to the end of the runway . . .

Thanks BlackRod.

i bet those three rules are really good!

i'll try the side window tomorrow and let you know.

i keep hearing about how one day i'll just "get it".... cant say i can image that at this stage.... maybe by the forth hour of circuits on monday? or is that too ambitious. that will be 7 hours of circuits by then.

If we're counting I got 1,434 views and 63 replies - and that was before the Lady Killa comp on NES. To be truthful it was really the taildragger vs tricycle argument I stoked up, not my gender, fleet of aircraft or my lithe, youthful good looks. 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

And the winner is - :clap:FLIGHTYGIRL:queen: 1,660 views and 85 replies 107_score_010.gif.2fa64cd6c3a0f3d769ce8a3c21d3ff90.gif (and still going!)011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

And to that Charming Planney ..... :heart:I am still willing to swap that highly desirable, powerful Wheeler Scout Mk1, beloved of grassrooters everywhere complete with Pixie motor and lapsed rego for the Flying Dog sans fleas, object of my desire on page 7 :heart:.

Sue 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Guest Howard Hughes
Anyhow, here is the wisdom of the ages:There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing.

Unfortunately no one knows what they are . . .

The difference between a good landing and a bad landing.......................about four inches!

Or six inches for you ladies...;)

Guest Andys@coffs
Welcome! learn to look past the looks to the Inner beauty of the Savannah! though a nice fast Jabiru would by sweet!

And there must be lots of inner beauty.:heart:.....to compensate for the complete lack of outer beaty.:pig:.:broken_heart::yuk:..and thats rich coming from a Jabiru owner!

Andy

And there must be lots of inner beauty.:heart:.....to compensate for the complete lack of outer beaty.:pig:.:broken_heart::yuk:..and thats rich coming from a Jabiru owner!Andy

i totally agree about the outer beauty.... but they are really starting to grow on me... on way to look at one this weekend... lets hope theres some inner beauty there!

Its official! i am a total Savannah convert! no more Jabiru... no more tecnam... its Savannah all the way! woohoo!

Another one bites the dust.............

Nah seriously that's good news, they are a nice little machine, and I enjoyed flying one a while back.

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi Flying girl,

Just spoke to Bill, It appears you have bought his plane......

Congratulations!

There is only two types of pilots. The ones who fly Savannahas and the one's who will but don't know it yet.

Again- well done ! you won't regret it !!

fly safe ! Savvy all the way !!

Walter

Hi Flying girl,

Just spoke to Bill, It appears you have bought his plane......

Congratulations!

There is only two types of pilots. The ones who fly Savannahas and the one's who will but don't know it yet.

Again- well done ! you won't regret it !!

fly safe ! Savvy all the way !!

Walter

thanks Walter

couldnt be happier!

thanks Waltercouldnt be happier!

Thats fantastic news--------------coooooooooooooooooooooooey all the way up there on cloud 9, as i'm sure you are at the moment:big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif:rilla:016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gifjive.gif.035c4a81724c712198cdb1757d6fb926.gif

Don't forget to give me a call, to take me for a spin sometime (not literally)

Kind Regards

Planey

(I'm just 5 min down the road from Bankstown Airport)

Welcome FlightyGirl

Just to Add to Your Totals!

How are the landing's going?

Rule One, Don't try to Land, keep it flying!

Rule Two, Maintain wheel's at 2" above tarmac, don't fix eye's in one spot, move focus far away then closer and far away and so on. Maybe perifferal vision (not a spelling comp!) out to side! Be careful

Rule Three, Start at Rule One, and as you are obviously doing, HAVE FUN.

All the Best Cheers Guy

Thats fantastic news--------------coooooooooooooooooooooooey all the way up there on cloud 9, as i'm sure you are at the moment:big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif:rilla:016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gifjive.gif.035c4a81724c712198cdb1757d6fb926.gifDon't forget to give me a call, to take me for a spin sometime (not literally)

Kind Regards

Planey

(I'm just 5 min down the road from Bankstown Airport)

thanks Planey!

will be happy to take you for a fly... when i get my licence!

maybe my co pilot will take you up! he's a bit better at flying than me 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Welcome FlightyGirlJust to Add to Your Totals!

How are the landing's going?

Rule One, Don't try to Land, keep it flying!

Rule Two, Maintain wheel's at 2" above tarmac, don't fix eye's in one spot, move focus far away then closer and far away and so on. Maybe perifferal vision (not a spelling comp!) out to side! Be careful

Rule Three, Start at Rule One, and as you are obviously doing, HAVE FUN.

All the Best Cheers Guy

hey thanks.... almost at 100!

i like those rules... just need to get my brain to agree to not make my eyes look at the runway. now i have my own aircraft i'll be doing so many circuits im sure i'll get it soon enough!

Rach

HEY Rach Congrats you really don,t muck around,

you want something you go out and get it, And why not life is short,........... enjoy:thumb_up:

thanks Steve... yep im kind of like that... make up my mind and i go for it. am so excited about picking it up on weekend. im sure rob will be happy to take you for a fly! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

go for it. am so excited about picking it up on weekend! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

That's Fantastagorricle Rach, where do you intend to keep it:question:, At the Oaks, Wedderburn, or, in my driveway to impress the neighbours:question::big_grin::big_grin::thumb_up:.

Regards

Planey

That's Fantastagorricle Rach, where do you intend to keep it:question:, At the Oaks, Wedderburn, or, in my driveway to impress the neighbours:question::big_grin::big_grin::thumb_up:.Regards

Planey

hey planey! if i could put it in my driveway i would! so very cool!

we are keeping it at wollongong for now until we find better accomodation. would love a hangar but too expensive at bankstown and none at wedderburn. so we are making a jacket and goggles for it to keep it warm in the wind and rain.

we go get her tomorrow!! so excited!011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif