Can anybody recommend a good FSX plane?

Owi

Hello all,

I'm a relative newcomer to the world of "real" flying - I've been a flight-simmer for many years. Now that I'm an RA student of two hours flight time (just switched from 12 hours in GA), in between lessons, I like to practice some maneuvers on my FSX but unfortunately, being a perfectionist, I'm always looking for something better.

I've scoured the internet looking at commercial and freeware options, but I can't afford to spend so many dollars on something that may not deliver.

I have the Eaglesoft Cirrus SR-20, which is a dandy flyer but, as some may know, in no way resembles the performance of a Jab or Tecnam.

So, can anybody here recommend an FSX add-on aircraft that closely resembles the flight dynamics of a J-170 or a P96 Golf?

Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks, Bob.

They're all for either FS9 or earlier. I wonder if the Diamond DA-20 handles similarly to the Jab or Tecnam? There's a couple of good FSX payware offerings there. Or how about the Liberty XLS?

Cheers,

Hi,

No not all are FS9 and anyway most FS9's will run in 2D on FSX.

flightsim web site has search for FSX aircraft the Jab comes up in that and i have been flying it for about 18 months and it's ok.

Bob.

• 2 months later...

ultralight for FSX

g'day guys, and particularly to Owi

wonderful news, my friend - the guy who did the brilliant redev of Boonah for OzX, Anthony Lynch, is working on a Tecnam for FSX

i have his second version on my system at the moment and i can assure you that when this is finished it will be freeware and it will be as good as if not better than some of the payware aircraft for FSX

he is currently working on the final version and the way he goes about things i would expect that to be ready quite soon

in case i get sidelined keep in touch with me and i will let you know how to get a copy

btw, i write the flightsim articles for Aviator and Australian Flying magazines, so i do get to see a LOT of software - Anthonys tecnam will be a blinder !!!

cheers

Boleropilot

hey TurnerJ, i see you're a Boonah boy

i'm a Tigers member, i fly my Drifter (455) out of the little field at Roadvale (abt 6nm north of YBOA)

and fair dinkum m8, Anthonys Teccy will be one of the best freeware aircraft out there, on a par with the RCS B-25s i reckon...looking forward to writing an article on that one as soon as he's done the final touches and finished the 'polishing'

cheers

bp

Cool! Thanks for the heads-up, Bolero. :thumb_up:

How ironic you mention what you do - I bought the latest copy of Australian Flying today, together with Pacific Flyer. Looking forward to reading your article, even though jet-fighters aren't my area of interest. ;)

I have some of Ant Lynch's airfields in FSX and they're fantastic. He's a legend in my eyes.

I've currently logged just over 9 hours in RA flight time now. Did a dual Nav to Goulburn and back a couple weeks ago. Soon to do first solo (was supposed to do it there at YGLB but I didn't feel ready); and onwards and upwards.

Having a blast in the Jabi, but seeing some posts here about how tricky it is to control makes me wonder... I tend to agree with some of the opinions but, on the flip side, it will make me a better aviator.

I'll be keeping my ear to the ground for that virtual Tecnam. BTW - what model will it be?

Cheers again.

teccy for FSX

hey Owi

it's a P2002, so far in 3 liveries, one of them the Airsport colours/number of the 196

looks gr8, pm me with your email address and i'll send ya some screenies

bp

Pacific Flyer

hey Owi

forgot to mention that the next issue of Pacific Flyer should have an article i wrote on my TIF in a trike recently - interesting for this thread because i got on the sim when i got home and flew in a trike in the same area, and included that in the article along with a couple of screenies

here's hoping they print it and it comes out OK

cheers

bp

• 2 weeks later...

nice foxbat

hey guys, i went online and found that foxbat - what a brilliant little ultralight

very good for a freeware aircraft, do ya'selves a favour and get it asap

it's one of my favourite aircraft so i've been doing laps around Boonah and Roadvale

top stuff !!!

bp

On-Line Sessions

Do any of you guys fly online. It might be good to fire up a Friday Night Session. The go would be a locked session in gamespy (which is the default online connection for FSX)

Let me know if you want to give it a try and I will set one up.

FSX Online Session

OK Boleropilot

I will start a new thread in Flightsims called Want to Fly On Line.

I will include the screen shots of getting set up and then I will host a session on Friday at 7pm on Gamespy. But I will explain all that in the "Want to Fly On Line" Thread which I will complete by Thursday night.

After that we could set-up some search and rescue missions where we can put a lost 4WD or plane in the session with some instructions on what area to search etc. Iv'e done this with some American guys in Alaska and it is some fun.

We can also build all those little airstrips that are missing in FSX

Anyway for Friday we can just go flying.

Cheers Tim

Hey Timm,

That's a cool idea although, I'm quite time poor these days. Haven't fired up my gaming PC in weeks, but I'll keep tabs and, who knows, maybe make a surprise entrance.

Cheers,

Has anyone done the Sonex yet?

I'm starting to build and it would be handy.

The world is pretty small nowadays I'm at the Mount (and on occcasion can be found in there).

Peter