Boneyard Channel 7 7:30pm 30 Jan 08

Guest Chainsaw

My guess is that it would be a special, I doubt whether there would be enough mileage for a series.

Also, does anyone remember where the commercial aircraft spend their retirement. Until now I thought they were all at the same place .. also out in the desert ... apparently not!

I know that some end up down Florida way on some island but as far as I know that is a result of drug trafficking and interceptions but that's not where I'm thinking.

Guest OzChris

I think a lot of the commercial Jets in the USA end up at a sort of 'aircraft graveyard' at the Southern California Logistics Airport in Victorville, California...also Todd is correct - Mojave Airport, California, seems to be that way as well.

Victorville I believe is very much a chop shop, however the Mohave facility itself focuses on selling off the aircraft there. I thinkk EAA and EAB the two QF SP's went to Victorville, and take a guess of their fate!

Ahah !!!!!

G_i_jack029 wondered if this was a series ... well it still doesn't appear to be .. BUT ...

Channel 7, 7.30pm Wednesday (6 Feb) ... "The Shape Of Things To Come" .... again hosted by only TV media guru who knows his planes - Geoff Watson.

The title explains it all ... :P

Guest g_i_jack029

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

thanks for telling me guys, if you find anymore info please post it up :) yes!!!!

Ok, here we go ..

there is a series called the Boneyard that originates from the History

Channel - U.S. In its episodes it covers the different forms of transport including an episode similar to the one we have seen, though had several errors in it.

The Beyond International site - where I thought it may originate doesn't list it either - though my gut feel says it is. Jeff Watson has been with them for years - since the original Towards 2000.

However, here is a link that describes many of the boneyards ---> http://www.visi.com/~jweeks/boneyard/

... and finally - TopTorrents have the Boneyard listed for download.

Guest g_i_jack029
Ok, here we go ..there is a series called the Boneyard that originates from the History

Channel - U.S.

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! 8)

I'm taping it tonight, wait it is tonight???

*quickly checks*

hell yeh, todays the sixth :D

tape recorded ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Finally, ... the two shows were made by Jeff Watson Productions ,,, i.e. not part of Jeffs previous association with Beyond International.

As far as I can tell there is no website, so I can't determine whether this is a series or not ... but my hunch is unlikely.

Oh well, they were both great although I am disappointed that there was no reference to G.A. --- we have glass now you know!

Guest g_i_jack029

yeh, it would be great if they had G.A. aircraft (yes they now have glass!!!)

But with the amout of aviation shows on tv i'm happy with this.

TV shows about aviation

Real Top Guns- SBS

Air Crash Investigators- channel 7

Boneyard- channel 7

we need more TV shows...anyone want to make a show about aviation!? :D

Heres the title "Aviation with the TAA"

Damn that would be so cool!!!