DescriptionThe Lancair IV and IV-P are a family of four-seat low-wing retractable-gear composite monoplanes.
They are powered by a 550 cubic inch Continental TSIO-550 twin-turbocharged piston engine. Production of the aircraft kit was ended in 2012.
The Lancair IV and IV-P were designed by Lancair around the Continental TSIO-550 - a twin turbocharged engine that is capable of developing 350 hp (261 kW) at sea level and capable of operating altitudes as high as 29,000 feet. By the fall of 2011 110 Lancair IVs and 250 IV-Ps had been completed and were flying.
In July 2016 the company announced it would sell the older Lancair lines of aircraft, including the Lancair IV, to concentrate on the Lancair Evolution instead.
Unpressurized four seat kit-plane, powered by a 350 hp (261 kW) Continental TSIO-550 engine
Pressurized four seat kit-plane, powered by a 350 hp (261 kW) Continental TSIO-550 engine
Pressurized four seat kit-plane, powered by either a Walter or a PT6 Pratt & Whitney turboprop, that can achieve cruise
speeds in excess of 300 knots (556 km/h) at altitudes up to 30,000 feet (9,140 m).
A proposed pressurized version using the 600 hp (447 kW) Orenda OE600 V-8 engine, giving it a cruise speed of 405 mph
(652 km/h). The engine was later cancelled and consequently only prototypes of the aircraft were completed.
RDD Enterprises LX7
A re-manufactured version that converts an existing IV-P by replacing the wing with one with a new airfoil to reduce stall
- speed, a new fuel system, new interior and avionics.
- Specifications below are for the pressurised Lancair IV-P
Lancair IV TP Turboprop
- Crew: one Capacity: three passengers
- 25 ft 0 in (7.62 m)
- 35 ft 6 in (10.82 m)
- Wing Area:
- 98 sq ft (9.1 sq m)
- Wing Loading:
- 36.2 lb/sq ft (177 kg/sq m) without winglets
- Empty Weight:
- 2,200 lb (998 kg)
- Gross weight: 3,550 lb (1,610 kg)
- Fuel Capacity:
- 90 U.S. gallons (340 L; 75 imp gal), 110 U.S. gallons (420 L; 92 imp gal) with extended tanks
- 1 × Continental TSIO-550 six cylinder, horizontally opposed piston engine, 350 hp (260 kW)
- Maximum speed: 342 mph (550 km/h, 297 kn)
- Cruise Speed:
- 35 mph (539 km/h, 291 kn) @ 75% power, at 24,000 feet
- Stall Speed:
- 71 mph (115 km/h, 62 kn) in landing configuration
- 1,250 mi (2,010 km, 1,090 nmi) with 45 minute reserve at 24,000 feet
- Rate of Climb:
- 3,000 ft/min (15 m/s) at 3550 lbs gross weight