DescriptionThe Piaggio P.149 is a 1950s Italian utility and liaison aircraft designed and built by Piaggio.
The aircraft was built under licence by Focke-Wulf in West Germany as the FWP.149D.
The P.149 was developed as a four-seat touring variant of the earlier P.148. The P.149 is an all-metal, low-wing cantilever monoplane with a retractable tricycle landing gear with room for four or five occupants. The prototype first flew on 19 June 1953.
Only a few were sold, until the German Air Force selected the aircraft for a training and utility role. Piaggio delivered 72 aircraft to Germany, and another 190 were built in Germany by Focke-Wulf as the FWP.149D.
- 1 pilot, up to 4 passengers or 1 trainee
- 8.80 m (28 ft 10½ in)
- 11.12 m (36 ft 5¾ in)
- 2.90 m (9 ft 6¼ in)
- Wing Area:
- 18.85 m2 (202.91 ft2)
- Empty Weight:
- 1,160 kg (2,557 lb)
- 1680 kg / 3704 lb
- 1 × Lycoming GO-480 B1A6 flat-six geared piston engine, 142 kW (270 hp)
- Max. speed: 305 km/h / 190 mph
- Cruise Speed:
- 165 mph
- 1090 km / 677 miles
- Service Ceiling:
- 6050 m / 19850 ft