Kyabram Flyin Fri 22, Sat 23 & Sun 24 October

markendee

All welcome.

Auster Rally this weekend. All types of aeroplane are welcome.

Home - Antique Aeroplane Association of Australia

This event is being held at the Kyabram Airfield, owned by Ernie & Dorothy Miles. (Should bring back memories of lots of good times)

09/27 820m, 18/36 520m both grass. S 36.20, E144.59 Elevation 340'

Members of the Kyabram Echuca Aero Club have been busy preparing the strips, taxi ways and camping areas.

There will be breakfast and lunch available Sat and Sun, buses to town on the hour and showers and toilets at the field.

We would love to see you there for a few hours, a day or the weekend.

If you need more information please post any questions here.

I have attached a few photos taken at 6.30 Mon 18th.

Mark D

2070281130_xr650150.jpg.4a101a2075d9ba91ae32e913feb83081.jpg

2036661433_xr650153.jpg.7809949a0e08afdea23e1dadb0ab2335.jpg

673806158_xr650163.jpg.4501530e0b4a7b0fb5fa69752c0498a0.jpg

No it isn't Stan. It is a one off as a return to grass strip flyins. There used to be an Airshow at Kyabram years ago but it is not used for flying now except for the odd bit of training.

It is a shame as it is a very special place to fly into.

Thanks for the question Stan.

Mark D

I remember when I was just finished high school (early 90's) I went to one. Being my home town I was waiting for them to return so I could go as a participant and not just a spectator. My daughter is being christened this weekend so looks like I miss out. :(

Guest davidh10

Ok, markendee, I'm planning on flying in for a few hours on Saturday, weather permitting.

The event got some good coverage on ABC regional radio (Shepparton) this morning at 07:30. Apparently they are expecting 40-50 antique aircraft ranging in age from 1930s through 1970s, and about 20 being Austers.

I'll be sure to bring my camera. Look forward to meeting you Mark and any other forum members that are there.

Ok, markendee, I'm planning on flying in for a few hours on Saturday, weather permitting.The event got some good coverage on ABC regional radio (Shepparton) this morning at 07:30. Apparently they are expecting 40-50 antique aircraft ranging in age from 1930s through 1970s, and about 20 being Austers.

I'll be sure to bring my camera. Look forward to meeting you Mark and any other forum members that are there.

Great to hear David,

Looking forward to that.

The weather is still looking good - 90% chance of up to 1mm of rain on Saturday - perfect to settle any dust.

I have just come back from the airfield and there are a dozen older planes there already. The airfield, the tents and the aircraft all look a treat.

See you there,

Mark D

PS I hope you have managed a ride Ian - hoping to see you there