Rotax 912 throttle cable mount stripped

CrayonBox

Hi All,

I am in the process of completing a 5 year rubber replacement, and one thing the previous owner of my a/c told me was that the throttle elbow mount on the carburetor top cover was partly stripped thread. They had used locktite to give the fixture some permanency.

We are now wondering what the best way to repair this might be?

Anyone??

2027667927_2012-12-01_11-23-02_62throttlecablemountstipped.jpg.90dc8c3bec1473096817e7042b859a1d.jpg

Guest Maj Millard

OK these do strip out easily if not correctly handled, when removing the top of the carb...it can be a bit tricky if your not familiar. New ones are costly for what it is, and the best solution is to remove it and recut the threads as best you can, without shortening it too much, otherwise you'll be right back where you are now. For future reference when removing, remove the throttle cable from it's keeper on the throttle arm, plus everthing else hindering the removel of the top. Re-installation is the reverse, with carb adjustments carried out per the maintenance manual.........................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif