Another high!

Hi guys,

I'm still buzzing over my last two lessons (this morning and yesterday afternoon), so I thought I'd share a little bit here as my missus and dogs are sick of hearing the same old story again and again!

Yesterday was turning, and what a flight it turned out to be! Feeling the forces in differing degrees of bank was unreal, and then as we made our approach, my instructor talked me through the landing. He controlled the throttle, and made all the radio calls, and other than a few minor adjustments just above the runway I was able to put it down! What a rush! I honestly cannot put into words the feeling I had yesterday afternoon, actually my missus said she thought I was high on something I was talking so fast.............

Then this morning the dreaded stalls lesson.

I put myself into a bit of a panic last night thinking it over, but told myself there ain't nothing to it but to do it, so up we went, and I must admit I was fairly uneasy as my instructor demonstrated the stalls to me. So here I am thinking, lets get into it, because I am nervous as I can be, so lets get it done with.

I have control............

After doing my first stall I realised that I was capable of recovering and that we were safe, and I relaxed 100% and enjoyed the rest of the lesson. It was a beautiful day for flying and I think I gained a lot of confidence in the concept of flight today, I was ignorant before I embarked on this journey about light aircraft and the more and more I understand about flight the more I enjoy and appreciate the experience of flight. I am in a privileged position to be able to undertake this training, and I hope I never lose the joy I feel doing this.

Anyway, that was my (no doubt very regular) story, and I hope it helps anyone who may feel jaded in aviation at this point in time, stop and think back to when they first started learning to fly

• Like 5

Congrats on having so much fun. I felt the same way about stalls before the lesson too, the whole idea of 'losing control intentionally' never sat all that well with me before the lesson, but to me that's the whole point of the lesson - to understand why/how it happens and ro anticipate so you can react and control the aircraft (well at least that's how I look at it anyway).

I love your point of view that it is a privliage, because it really is, isn't it.

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1