Aware GPS

Guest Redair

Guest Redair

Greetings each, it's time for me to crawl out from under my stone to pose a question. Is anyone out there using, or has used, an Airware 5Plus GPS? I know Oz Runways is probably king of the hill as far as gadgets go, but I'm stuck with my non i-phone, and the only tablets I have, are to get rid of the techno headaches which plague me:doh:

I'm just trying to size up whether to go with a Garmin unit or the Aware one, so I'm open to opinions/experiences that anyone may wish to pass on. Be as honest as you like, PM if need be!

Thanks, Redair.

Hi Redair,

My comment would be, if you are going to hand over that much cabbage for an airware, why not go a little extra and get all the extra capabilities an ozrunways equipped iPad or iPad mini have to offer?

Regards Bill

Hi Redair

I use an app called Easy VFR which can be run on any android device. In some ways is better than oz runways, others not so good, but I just dont want to buy any apple device. If you already have an I phone you can run oz runways on that.

A friend of mine had an aware device which worked fine, but when it came to updating it to the latest maps the customer support, based in the UK, could not manage to do the update. He has now bought an I pad and uses oz runways.

If oz runways ever relaese an android version I would try that, but at the moment very happy with Essy VFR.

Regards

Ian 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Hi Redair,

Have you looked at Air Nav Pro? They have both an Apple & Android version.

I must admit I am a iPad user and have not used the Android version but found the Apple version very good.

The only fault really is that there are no Aussie aviation charts available only a street type map.

Cheers

DB