Where to train?

chrisb

I live in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, close to moorabin airport. But I dont think it's such a good idea to train there as it costs more and I can not fly from there. I was think I might as well train and fly from the same airport.

But which airport? Tyabb, Tooradin, Lilydale, Coldstream?

They are all fairly much the same distance from me, are there any other airports out east of Melbourne I can train at?

Hi Chris, I can recommend either Coldstream or Lilydale, I did an aerobatic endorsement at YLIL , and have my own aircraft at YCEM , I really like the airfield at Lilydale and they have a lot of aircraft, Coldstream is a lot more friendly with a lot of people around on the weekends just cause they can, they're will always be someone at YCEM to have a chat to ,

Hope that helps, cheers Matty

Hi Chris,

I fly out of Tyabb, and like the other non controlled aerodromes around Melbourne, is a very friendly airfield. The Peninsula Aero Club is a very active club and trains both GA and RAA.I do not think you will be disappointed wherever you choose to fly.

Good luck with the flying.

Cheers

Joe.

• Informative 1

You'll get good at crosswinds down tooradin way :) !

You are soooo right! My limited and sadly interrupted training (it's a long way from the East Kimberly and even further from Brazil) was done at Tooradin.

A great place to train in my opinion. Loved every second of it. Now to find the time, money and place to train in Minas Gerais Brazil .......

Any suggestions?