Hello to everyone here at Aussie Aviator

Guest newlife

Guest newlife

My name is Matt Dilosa and I'm a brand new member of this, what seems to be a very healthy community of aviators and aviation enthusiasts. I'm also a new student pilot at the tender age of 55. I live in Katoomba NSW in the beautiful Blue Mountains. I'm flying out of Katoomba airfield YKAT 3,280ft ASL. I look forward to talking with and perhaps meeting some of you fellow enthusiasts in the near future. I'm just about to commit aviation this very day after what has been a very wet fortnight.

Cheers everyone.

Guest newlife

Cheers Chainsaw, I'll post my progress as time and lessons pass. It was a great day for flying today. Been flying a Gazelle RAA registered. Very forgiving aircraft.

Guest Chainsaw

Matt, I am about an hour and bit away from you on a cattle farm, so I'll certainly be keeping a watch on your posts with great interest.

Guest Darren Masters

G'day Matt and welcome to the forums. Likewise I am looking forward to your posts. Was wet and wild indeed when I drove through there on the weekend. Not flying weather :frown: Again, welcome to TAA.001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Guest newlife

Thanks Darren for your greeting. The rain we've recently had was the most in 20 years and it certainly felt like it. It seemed I was constantly emptying the rain gauge. Yesterday was my first opportunity to fly since the 26th Jan. As you may have read I'm a fledgling pilot and yesterday we flew "straight and level" Power, Attitude, Speed and Trim. A great day for it as well.

Hey newlife, better late than never. Enjoy your training, the Gazelle is a sweet aircraft to learn in. I have not been to Katoomba but I have a few mates in Sydney so I guess I will be up that way again at some stage.

Guest Darren Masters
Thanks Darren for your greeting. The rain we've recently had was the most in 20 years and it certainly felt like it. It seemed I was constantly emptying the rain gauge. Yesterday was my first opportunity to fly since the 26th Jan. As you may have read I'm a fledgling pilot and yesterday we flew "straight and level" Power, Attitude, Speed and Trim. A great day for it as well.

Glad you are enjoying the training 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Guest newlife

Hey thanks Qwerty, I'm having an absolute ball, and my CFI is a great guy and very generous with his time. I eventually got tired of flying Sims and decided to bight the bullet and fly the real thing. Best decision I ever made.

It gets you in doesn't it?

Here are a few things to lookout for.

1. looking up whenever you hear an engine running at constant revs.

2. Assessing paddocks for their potential as forced landing sites...WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR CAR

3. Yelling "clear prop" when you start you car

4. Noting rotation speed on the spedo in the car

Anyone got any others???

3. Yelling "clear prop" when you start you car

ummm I thought it was just me, even though I don't fly :redface:

* Breaking the speed limit to race to the airport to see a DC3 land

* Being able to tell what type of aircraft is flying over and whether it is too high to be landing at the local airport.