New old guy

717dvr

Hi there

I learnt to fly at Archerfield some time ago. Now flying B717 in the US. Looking to come back sometime next year. Any good jobs going? Otherwise I might go and learn to make surfboards and drink rum in the afternoon!!

:biggrin:

Guest whirlygirl

I'm a new old guy too. Been away long? I was there for 15yrs. Things have changed in OZ. When you get back go straight to Centrelink and they will give you drinking money and free bus travel; surfboard no longer a requirement.

Good luck and til then, keep safe with an eye out for geese.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Darren Masters
Who is looking? I'm coming back to Australia next year. Any hiring coming up there that you have heard of.

Jetstar. Jump onto the web site and in the 'about us' section you will find the appropriate links for crew recruitment 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest Darren Masters
Jetstar!.... DC-9 to silly bl00dy Airbus... what a STEPDOWN.

Yes but the Airbus will not let you do certain things and get into certain predicaments such as the DC9 would 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

BUT Darren, the pilots CAN get the DC-9 out of a mess that they inadvertently get themselves into (unexpected severe down draught) by applying FULL power and not the maximum the company decides they'll set in the computers to lengthen the life of the engines.

It's like the gooody two shoes bloke in the DC-6 who hit the ridge top and wipedout the aircraft, because he used 'Maximum except for takeoff power' because he wasn't taking off. The lot... and he'd have missed the top by many feet.

Buugger the engines... save the plane.

I won't go in an Airbus when there's a Boeing going my way.

Its such a great plane they had to give it 3 names!!! DC9, MD95, B717!!!! I would take the bus around the patch, but doesn't jetstar make you pay for the training? After many years flying that is a bit hard for my feeble mind!!

001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif