computer help please

Guest disperse

Guest disperse

i figure theres a few people here that know about these wonderful frustrating machines

so heres the prob :i have a laptop set up on a wireless router (d link) i was online and closed the laptop for a minute and when i reopened it it kept bringing up page not found

my pc is hard wired to the router and working fine

the laptop says it is conected with good strengh

ive shut down the connections and restarted them

ive turned of both the modem and router and then restarted them modem first:confused:

the problem is everything is stating that it is connected and working

and its not:crying: ok THANKS everyone Troy

Guest disperse

well go figure.......let it alone for half hour turned it back on and it worked

only thing i can think of is that it got a little hot ????

THANKS

Guest Jokerman

No, No computers are GOOD.

How else could we communicate over this fine forum? How else could I or u get such quick and valuable info?

Now repeat after me - computers are GOOD! computers are GOOD. ;-)

Are computers frustrating? Well......

On a serious note Disperse. When u closed the laptop u probably killed the wireless internet connection and your ISP may have a time out period before u can log back on again. Some have 15 minutes. So it looks like u are connected but aren't.

I presume u are using Windoze and IE (internet Explorer). If it happens again just try clearing the cache in IE, reboot and try and log on again to the net. If that doesn't work then it could well be a lock out time is in effect.

Hope that helps.

Guest Fred Bear

A common problem if the router is not set up right. Try this one:

Step 1 Log into the web configuration of the router by opening up a web browser and typing in the IP address of the router (192.168.0.1).

-Log into to router configuration > Click WAN > Select dynamic IP > enable auto-reconnect > APPLY

-Status... CONNECTED

ALSO, try RESTORE MAC ADDRESS (if not working). Apply all these settings and you should be fine. Let me know.

Guest Jokerman

Nice dream plane Darren, but aren't they $300k+? I suppose u could get a syndicate going to purchase one.

How far off is the dream machine?

Guest disperse

thanks everyone for the info......the thing that buggered me most was i do this again and again all day and never had a prob.......then just to really p#$$ me off it fixed itself.......it's as if GOD touched it or something

REPEAT AFTER ME :computers are good WHEN THEY'RE WORKING .....but they make great garden ornaments WHEN THEY'ER NOT.....006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest Fred Bear

Good one Disperse 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif;)

Nice dream plane Darren, but aren't they $300k+? I suppose u could get a syndicate going to purchase one.

I think closer to 500K for that one. A syndicate? You in too? 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif I think I will keep dreaming that's all...nothing wrong with that 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif