Hi From Ballarat

blueline

Hi Everyone

Im an instructor running my own combined RAAus/GA flying school/charter business.

I'm a real fan of Jabiru aircraft and have been since learning to fly in one in 1995 (yes it was a 1600 version!).

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Guest aviatrix27

G'day Bluey, good to have you here. I've got friends in Ballarat, and a step daughter, so I go there a couple of times a year :)

Guest David C

Welcome Bluey.. Indeed a very friendly site , you'll be more than happy sharing your posting here ..

Dave C

Thanks for the welcome! - the idea of a site without the negative vibe sounds great!

Amazingly the 1600 Jabiru I was flying did not stop running while I was flying it (I must be one of the few!).

For a trainer having very little power has some big advantages - you really need to nail that best rate of climb speed to get any climb. Climb with just the right amount of right rudder or dont climb at all!

For the last few years I was CFI at a school using new 180hp Cessna 172s. These had so much performance that they would climb at any speed between 100 knots and 45 knots. Rudder was just used to stop the instructor complaining! I did have moments considering reducing throttle to about 2100RPM and telling them to make it climb!

Looking forward to hearing more from everyone.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome! - the idea of a site without the negative vibe sounds great!Amazingly the 1600 Jabiru I was flying did not stop running while I was flying it (I must be one of the few!).

For a trainer having very little power has some big advantages - you really need to nail that best rate of climb speed to get any climb. Climb with just the right amount of right rudder or dont climb at all!

For the last few years I was CFI at a school using new 180hp Cessna 172s. These had so much performance that they would climb at any speed between 100 knots and 45 knots. Rudder was just used to stop the instructor complaining! I did have moments considering reducing throttle to about 2100RPM and telling them to make it climb!

Looking forward to hearing more from everyone.

Cheers!

During the war my father in law instructed in Tigers at Temora.

He told me once that the students were referred to as "The Enemy"... :p

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the welcome! - the idea of a site without the negative vibe sounds great!

Hmmm I hear that a lot, and without naming any other websites I bet I know what site you have come from :)

Guest avi8tr

It looks like another site out there won't be around for much longer in its current "state" so that's good too, everyone is welcome here. This place is only second to Disneyland as the happiest place on earth :-)

I once went for a ride in a 1600, it only got off the ground due to the curvature of the earth :-)